Remote Control hardware (not touch) for web app mixer

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
KrisCe
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Remote Control hardware (not touch) for web app mixer

Post by KrisCe »

Hi,

Can anybody confirm that there is no ready-made solution for full control of the DSP mixer web app from standard external hardware like Presonus FaderPort 16 or Icon Qcon Pro X (MIDI, Mackie Control Protocol)? No existing full implementation of OSC hardware controller?

I'm interested in a AVB 8A + 16A solution, or even 24ai + 24ao, on Windows 10 via USB (maybe Thunderbolt later).

I don't want to use MIDI loops or other software hack. I'm aware of Bome, LoopMIDI, OSCII-bot etc.

Touch screen/tablet also out of the question.
papango
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Remote Control hardware (not touch) for web app mixer

Post by papango »

Hi
Very late answer but didn't find any. Was looking for the same thing.
But as a developer I already tried to control the Web app other wifi with a Raspberry and a hardware fader and knob , it works pretty well by addressing directly the Web App API through a Python script.

So it should be possible with a Surface control like Korg Nano control.

I start with this because it has less data to analyze. And then I will go with bigger hardware.

The Nanocontrol is connected to the Raspberry with USB and the Raspberry connects over Wifi to the MOTU to control the embedded webserver API.

So it's completely remote and no need to have a computer.
Will make some pics.

Anyone interested in this project to contribute on R&D ?
Studio répétition Paris
MOTU 24AO
MOTU 4PRE
MOTU Ultralite AVB