VCA Fader Question

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VCA Fader Question

Post by bayswater »

Went through the manual and tried this out. It operates pretty much as I expected except for one thing.

I created 8 audio tracks, selected the first six and used Create VCA Track and Group. The VCA fader does exactly what you'd expect. Now, click on the output assignment for the VCA at the bottom of the channel strip in the mixer, and the assigned Group is shown. Pull the mouse pointed away and click elsewhere and it disappears. Do it again, but click on the assigned group (there is only one) and then release the mouse, without making any changes. A dialog comes up says one or more tracks are being removed from the VCA. If you click retain, then nothing happens. If you click Revert, the faders in the group move to a previous location, but the VCA remains active with all the original tracks in it.

What is the purpose of this? Why would clicking on the active group lead DP to say tracks are being removed, and then not remove anything?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
FMiguelez

Re: VCA Fader Question

Post by FMiguelez »

bayswater wrote: Why would clicking on the active group lead DP to say tracks are being removed, and then not remove anything?
It's a new DP10 feature: Digital Bluffing :mrgreen:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Saintmatthew

Post by Saintmatthew »

I have been getting really weird issues where assigning a VCA fader to a group (or creating a VCA Fader and Group) adds a ton of distorted noise to the group. Now, if I mute every track in the group the VCA Fader is assigned to individually the noise stays but if I hit the mute on the VCA it goes away. Also, if I unassign the VCA the noise goes away. Anyone else?
MacPro 12core 64GB Ram 4 1TB SSDs motu 828mk3 DP 10.11
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

FMiguelez wrote:
bayswater wrote: Why would clicking on the active group lead DP to say tracks are being removed, and then not remove anything?
It's a new DP10 feature: Digital Bluffing :mrgreen:
Yes, indeed! Our new 3 millisecond Digital Bluffers can be set for a wide range of non-functional responses.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

FMiguelez wrote:It's a new DP10 feature: Digital Bluffing :mrgreen:
:rofl:

I was waiting for that feature
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.