switching off automatic volume changes

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Gone To Lunch
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

switching off automatic volume changes

Post by Gone To Lunch »

How do I switch off the automatic volume setting in MF3 ?

I find that when I input the pan and volume in my MIDI track, the volume in both the mixer and the main windows respond appropriately, but when I delete volume and pan from the event list, I am unable to set volume to 0 db in the mixer and main windows ? They always jump back to the previous setting, as if there is some sort of MIDI learning process happening.

How do I switch this off, as I want to set the volume in mixer+main to 0db independently ?
http://gonetolunchmusic.com/
Current sex toys : DP 9.52, Mac Pro 5,1, 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, OS X 10.13.6, Motu 828 Mk3 Firewire. Sounds by VSL, Mach Five 3, Addictive Drums 2, Native Instruments, Orange Tree, Bolder Sounds. Plug-ins by PSP, 2CAudio, Waves & Lexicon. Scores by Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: switching off automatic volume changes

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I won’t be able to check this until tomorrow but I’d take a hard look at M5’s mixer as well as the VI’s settings. More likely M5 but I don’t recall how I defeated this it is possible.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Gone To Lunch

Re: switching off automatic volume changes

Post by Gone To Lunch »

Problem solved !

I was looking in MF3, but it was actually that I had all the track automation in my DP set to on, so editing that appropriately fixed it.
http://gonetolunchmusic.com/
Current sex toys : DP 9.52, Mac Pro 5,1, 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon, 32GB RAM, OS X 10.13.6, Motu 828 Mk3 Firewire. Sounds by VSL, Mach Five 3, Addictive Drums 2, Native Instruments, Orange Tree, Bolder Sounds. Plug-ins by PSP, 2CAudio, Waves & Lexicon. Scores by Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5.