MIDI input early via MIDI cables and interface

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jbuaudio
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MIDI input early via MIDI cables and interface

Post by jbuaudio »

Hi, all!

I'm having an issue with MIDI being input too early while recording (a little more than a beat at 75bpm). It's specifically with a keyboard connected via MIDI cables to my focusrite 6i6 interface. I have another keyboard connected via usb to my pc that records on time.

I've messed with DP buffer settings, MIDI thru settings, Audio I/O timing, and focusrite control's software (very limited options) but nothing has worked yet.

I found an article related to MIDI issues in windows for Cubase (https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... n-windows/) and am wondering if there's any material like this related to DP? Or if anyone has found a solution for a similar issue?

Also, I have thought about patching the keyboard through my usb connected keyboard, but unfortunately the other one doesn't have MIDI ports on it.

Thanks in advance!
Windows 10 PC
DP 9.5
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Korg Taktile 49
Yamaha P-105
stevewilliam007
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: MIDI input early via MIDI cables and interface

Post by stevewilliam007 »

After connecting the MIDI cable when I tried to install itunes on windows 7 it was not installing at all but when I tried to install it without connecting the cable then it was installing fine.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

I'm not in Windows, but there may be a setting in the Patch Thru section that says "Sync recorded MIDI to patch thru" try turning that on or off to see if that helps.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by FMiguelez »

I went through something similar.

You may find this thread useful. I found a partial solution only:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65345
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman