Patchboard a new app from MR Miller

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Patchboard a new app from MR Miller

Post by kgdrum »

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section but it's somewhat DP related as far as usage and the developer that's making this new app.
MR Miller who previously was a developer for MOTU has started his own company and is releasing this interesting looking piece of software.

https://patchboard.app/
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
FMiguelez

Re: Patchboard a new app from Mr. Miller

Post by FMiguelez »

Wow! I just quickly checked your link and it does look like an awesome app!

I'll definitely go through it more carefully later, but it seems to be quite useful... Some kind of universal patch/sound manager/controller that syncs with the DAW and more. Interesting!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
cuttime

Re: Patchboard a new app from MR Miller

Post by cuttime »

It looks very nice. I hope it can import other databases (like Kontakt's). I'd hate to think that I would have to re-tag all the sounds I've spent years tagging.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Yeah this looks very interesting!
It's from Mike Miller, formally a software developer at MOTU.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Interesting perspective from Charlie Clouser (NIN,Saw,American Horror Story etc.....)about MR Miller :

“I have met MR Miller and he's a deep thinker for sure, so I would not dismiss this as just another gadget. He helped me wrap my brain around AVB Streams and all the new weirdness of the MOTU AVB interfaces when they first came out, and it was obvious that his understanding of the underlying technology was comprehensive to say the least - as it should be, since I believe he helped create the firmware and implement the user interface for those interfaces. As we discussed Thunderbolt bandwidth and bus saturation issues, he rattled off capacities and specs without hesitation and never needed to resort to a calculator, unlike me!

Since I use single-articulation-per-track mode, avoiding keyswitches etc., and generally lay out my template in an orderly, easy-to-grok fashion, I might not need something like this - but I'll be very interested in checking it out for sure. If it comes from the brain of MR Miller that's already a big point in its favor.”
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
mrmiller

Post by mrmiller »

Hey everyone! Patchboard is now available for sale! Release edition is fairly price because it comes with a lot of extra support from me, but lower price-points will be available in a few months.

Let me know if you have any questions about Patchboard or how it works or why... or anything I guess!
buhardilla

Post by buhardilla »

just for 2500$!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||
dewdman42

Post by dewdman42 »

anyone know whatever became of patchboard? Website seems no longer up
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Same here. Site doesn’t load. $2500? Really?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
dewdman42

Post by dewdman42 »

Just wondering if anyone here is using Patchboard at all? I'm thinking about picking up the $500 DIY edition. Would love to hear if other DP users are using it at all. The author uses DP I know that much..and used to work for MOTU....so you would think that DP crowd would be all over it.
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32