Digital Performer Control Surfaces

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cases05
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Digital Performer Control Surfaces

Post by cases05 »

I'm up to buy a Digidesign Command|8 for my studio.
Has anyone used this before? Is this any good for DP or should i go for a Mackie Control or even a Radikal SAC ?

What kind of control surfaces you people are using out there ?
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Digital Performer Control Surfaces

Post by billf »

cases05 wrote:I'm up to buy a Digidesign Command|8 for my studio.
Has anyone used this before? Is this any good for DP or should i go for a Mackie Control or even a Radikal SAC ?

What kind of control surfaces you people are using out there ?
I use the Radikal SAC-2K and love it. The integration with DP is very good, the form factor is wonderful, and (somewhat less important) people think it looks futuristic.
dougieb

Post by dougieb »

Ditto on the SAC - love it - and its USB rather than MIDI
mess
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by mess »

Command|8 won't work with DP.
Siryne

Post by Siryne »

I use the Tascam US 2400. 24 motorized faders, rotary controller, alpha dial, assignable function buttons, very smooth long throw 100mm faders (touch Sensitive). I am mixing a CD now with aprox 40 tracks (give or take) per song, and I am loving this thing-The tascam 2400 really gives me the feel of a mixer. No scribble strips - only complaint.
Peace!
Mac Pro Quad "Nehalem" Xeon 2.93 Ghz-12GB RAM - OS 10.6.4-DP 7.21- & Logic 9.1.3 - MOTU 896HD- Apogee Big Ben-Tascam US2400-UAD2 Duo-Altiverb 6-Melodyne Editor-Autotune Evo-Plugins from UAD, URS, PSP, Abbey Road, Flux-VI's- LASS-EWQLSO-VSL-Kirk Hunter VS Pro-Kontakt 4 -Manley Voxbox, Brauner VM1, Soundelux E47C & much more.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Siryne wrote:The tascam 2400 really gives me the feel of a mixer. No scribble strips - only complaint.
I don't think I could work without track names displayed.....esp. the way they can change around.
mastermix

Post by mastermix »

I have a Tascam 1082 firewire.. at my home studio...tight integration with DP..Logic and other DAWs...a sound card, MIDI interface and motorized surface controller/mixer ..all neatly packaged at an affordable price.

Kris....
BobGuitar335

Post by BobGuitar335 »

I have been using the Mackie Control for about 2 years. Very easy to get started. I have the DP overlay from Mackie and after spending a little time early on I've found it very capable and well integrated. Having the displays on the board and the ability to touch a button to change functions and whats in the displays make life good.
DP 5.11, Mach 5 1.x, Sountrack Pro 2.0, DSP-Quatro X, LogicPro 8.x
OSX 10.4.9, MacBook Pro w/2G Ram,
Motu Traveler, Motu micro lite, Mackie Control
And... guitars
billf

Post by billf »

Tim wrote:
Siryne wrote:The tascam 2400 really gives me the feel of a mixer. No scribble strips - only complaint.
I don't think I could work without track names displayed.....esp. the way they can change around.
That's one more thing I like about the SAC-2k, the track names are displayed (as well as plugins, which have their own controls).