Need help adjusting soundbite tempos

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Need help adjusting soundbite tempos

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

I can't seem to get any of this straight, even after reading the manual's section on soundbite tempos. I'm simply trying to have a soundbite linearly increase tempo. I'm guessing the only way to do this is to have it "locked" with the Conductor track tempo?

I've tried "Analyze Tempo", and "Adjust Soundbites to Sequence Tempo" and "Find Tempo Factor Near Sequence Tempo", but none of that seems to change the tempo of the soundbite.

I DO NOT want to quantize the soundbite to the current tempo, THEN change tempo with the conductor track. I want the soundbite to remain at its own current state, but then automate the tempo somehow.

Is this possible?

EDIT: Doing "Adjust soundbites to sequence tempo" does indeed force the soundbite to follow the conductor track tempo. But again, I don't to force the soundbite to the conductor tempo, but rather scale with it.
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Need help adjusting soundbite tempos

Post by bayswater »

Did you try the "Scale Time" command in the Regions menu?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
PoliticalBonobo

bayswater wrote:Did you try the "Scale Time" command in the Regions menu?
That works great for fitting the whole soundbite to a new fixed tempo, but it doesn't look like it allows you to change the tempo over time.
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bayswater »

PoliticalBonobo wrote:
bayswater wrote:Did you try the "Scale Time" command in the Regions menu?
That works great for fitting the whole soundbite to a new fixed tempo, but it doesn't look like it allows you to change the tempo over time.
There is a 5 part series of videos from MOTU covering all there is on Audio Tempo, well worth the few minutes it takes.

First one here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmbwZpq ... gs=pl%2Cwn
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
PoliticalBonobo

bayswater wrote: There is a 5 part series of videos from MOTU covering all there is on Audio Tempo, well worth the few minutes it takes.

First one here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmbwZpq ... gs=pl%2Cwn
Been using DP for a number of years now and didn’t know this existed yet. Thanks!