Major problem with my Motu Audio express, need help

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
out4dolo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Major problem with my Motu Audio express, need help

Post by out4dolo »

So I just purchased a new cpu and mobo, and made the switch on my computer.
with my motu audio express, previously, I was connecting the device through firewire. but with this new motherboard, there is no firewire port, so I decided to use the usb cable, and the audio express gets no power and isn't recognized at all.

I updated everything on my mobo and bios and drivers, but for whatever reason, the audio express will not turn on.
John Judd
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Major problem with my Motu Audio express, need help

Post by John Judd »

Pretty sure that when connected via USB it also needs to have the power adapter plugged in....I think.
DP 9.5, Windows 10 64bit, i7 7700k @ 4.5 ghz, Asus Maximus Hero IX MOBO, 32Gb Ram, GeForce 750ti Strix edition, Samsung M.2, Be Quiet Case + PSU + CPU Cooler + Fans, a bunch of WD drives.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Major problem with my Motu Audio express, need help

Post by James Steele »

John Judd wrote:Pretty sure that when connected via USB it also needs to have the power adapter plugged in....I think.
Yep. FireWire can supply adequate power on its own, but USB alone won’t.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!