How to Clear Patch in Tracks Window

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
laryan
Primary DAW OS: Windows

How to Clear Patch in Tracks Window

Post by laryan »

Hi.

I'm using DP8 windows version on a win7 pc. I'm working with MIDI tracks imported to DP8 and using a Motif XF8 as a tone generator for this project.

In the tracks window I accidentally selected a patch number which I am trying to clear and cannot find any way to do it. I see the 'clear default patch' in the mini menu, but this does not clear the patch selection in DP8. I don't see anything related to this in the manual and I can't find a way to clear that field to a blank default. Checked the Event List and don't see any patch selection there to delete.

I'm embarrassed to ask such a fundamental question, but I can't find a solution. Would anyone have any suggestions to share?

Thanks.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: How to Clear Patch in Tracks Window

Post by FMiguelez »

Hmmmm... That Clear Default Patch should've done it. You did select the target track(s) and then applied the command, correct?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman