Mixed results with CPU usage and artifacts

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

zerosin

Mixed results with CPU usage and artifacts

Post by zerosin »

Running on a 1.2 GHz G4 Cube at 10.3.9 yielded many artifacts. When using the reverb, audio performance in DP 4.6 spiked frequently and produced artifacts. When disabling reverb, the processor spikes went away but the same artifacts were there. In 10.3.0 the artifacts were gone for the most part unless reverb was used. In 10.4 there were no artifacts unless reverb was enabled.

Now I'm using the default buffer settings in DP which have worked very well, even with several Renaissance Reverb plugs active. It would be nice to not have to make a huge DAW adjustment for MSI. At this point I'll have to record dry and up the buffers hugely to enable reverb and bounce one track to disk at a time.

I really hope MOTU refines the CPU usage of this otherwise very nice product. That's all I got to say about that.
filmscore05
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Artifacts are very bad on 10.3.9

Post by filmscore05 »

On Mac OS X 10.3.9 the artifacts are really bad. It sounds like the samples are 64k MP3 files. Does anyone know how to get rifd of them?
zerosin

Re: Artifacts are very bad on 10.3.9

Post by zerosin »

filmscore05 wrote:On Mac OS X 10.3.9 the artifacts are really bad. It sounds like the samples are 64k MP3 files. Does anyone know how to get rifd of them?
http://www.unicornation.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6525