MachFive Not Responding to Sostenuto Pedal MIDI Controller

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

lampfilmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MachFive Not Responding to Sostenuto Pedal MIDI Controller

Post by lampfilmusic »

My MIDI keyboard is sending out MIDI controller no. 66 (sustain pedal) messages to DP9 OK, however the MachFive piano which I have set up, is not responding to those sustain pedal messages by sustaining notes. Does anyone know where I can set up this MachFive program to respond properly to sustain pedal MIDI messages?

I've tried going to the modulation section of MachFive to tell it that MIDI Controller 66 (Sostenuto Pedal) is ...MIDI Controller 66 (Sostenuto Pedal), but this still has no effect. :-?

With many thanks in advance.
Tidwells@aol.com
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: MachFive Not Responding to Sostenuto Pedal MIDI Controll

Post by Tidwells@aol.com »

I believe the correct controller for sustain is #64. You can insert a MIDI plugin in DP on the track where you have the MachFive piano to convert #66 to #64. It would be a "change cc" plug-in, I think.

Doug
apanacci

Post by apanacci »

The Sostenuto pedal is the middle pedal on a grand. Sustain is far right and Una Corda is far left. Would you not need to hook up 2 pedals to create that effect ?
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
lampfilmusic

Post by lampfilmusic »

Hmm, mixing languages here. 'Sostenuto' (Italian) and 'sustain' (English) mean the same thing.

I managed to resolve this issue by changing to another MIDI controller number for an alternative, similar term.

It's a bit of a mess, different reference points give different MIDI controller numbers for different functions. I even saw the neologism 'sustenuto' (sic.)