Audiodesk Bailout.

Moderators: James Steele, Shooshie

Forum rules
This forum is being developed and is intended as intended as a place to bring together various Digital Performer video tutorials. Currently only YouTube videos may be embedded using the [YouTube] BB code.
sparkyboyo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Audiodesk Bailout.

Post by sparkyboyo »

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I can't find where on this site that I might find some guidance for Audiodesk operations.
I have a 2408 km3, G5 running 10.5.8 and a Ramsa DA7 and Audiodesk. I took a while to figure out how to make the parts communicate some years ago and I eventually did some fun recordings. Then turned it off for a few years.
Now I'm retired, I want to get on with some projects with this equipment but find myself flummoxed by the manual. I know it took quite a struggle 6 years ago to figure out elements of the manual but I got far enough to have that first wave of fun. Now returning to that manual has me feeling really pathetic as I can't figure out even the simplest thing like edits !!
Is there any experienced members around the Portland Oregon area that might have some time to help me thru the front end of decoding this manual ??
Motu 2408 Mk3 PCIX 424, Panasonic WR-DA7
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Audiodesk Bailout.

Post by mikehalloran »

Not in Portland but let's see if we can get you started. I don't know what version of AudioDesk you are running but it should be Audiodesk 3. If not, it's a free upgrade from 2 and can be downloaded from MOTU.
http://motu.com/download/download_match ... oduct_id=2

Here is a .pdf of the manual:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3047185 ... -Guide-pdf

You can open it on that site or download it to read offline.

In your browser, hitting the Command f keys lets you search. Now you can scroll through all the pages with that search term and read the ones that apply. I find this so much faster than navigating a paper manual.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
sparkyboyo

Post by sparkyboyo »

Thanks Mike, great to feel not so alone here. AD 3-02 is onboard and THAT MANUAL is the item of extreme torture. Probably a good idea for me to go back to the beginning and see if I can reboot my brain to the weirdness. I did it once. Prolly me jumping into the books to go editing, looping and all the rest is presuming too much. Retirement has benefits and it has its downfalls.

Jack.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

I bet. Once I got religion on how to search pdf files, paper manuals reverted to being items that add to the shipping weight of the product.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
sparkyboyo

Post by sparkyboyo »

Again thanks Mike,
'spose I gotta go damm well pray for a miracle then !!
Hahahahahaha