Symphonic Instrument Samples and Mach Five

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

spurn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Symphonic Instrument Samples and Mach Five

Post by spurn »

Does anybody know how to load MSI samples into Mach Five? MOTU advertises that this is possible, but all the samples for MSI are in .dat form. How does one get Mach Five to see them?
gravity

Re: Symphonic Instrument Samples and Mach Five

Post by gravity »

I spoke to tech support inthe UK and was told there will be a machfive upgrade that will solve this problem. I' not sure when it will be released.
DP10.13 , PT Ultimate, Macbook Pro 6. core I7, OS 10.15.7, Motu LP32, Avid HD Thunderbolt 32 i/o, DM2000 , mics & stuff
echostudios

Post by echostudios »

It tells you how to do it in the Mach5 manual. Something about creating a new soundbank folder and putting an alias of the dat file in it... it has to be the exact same name as the original. I haven't tried it yet but I will soon... I'll let you know.

jay
phmurphy

Post by phmurphy »

I tried the deal of making an alias of the .dat file (with the name exactly the same) and putting it into a new sound bank that I created within M5. No luck. I haven't seen anything yet on the MOTU site for an update to M5. Hopefully that's the answer when it comes.
kmixx
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by kmixx »

Ultra Focus and Xtreme Effects dat files won't work in Mach5. Only Plung Sound and Charlie. Tech support answered that one pretty fast for me.
MrVideo

Post by MrVideo »

Here is a copy of the response text I got back from a question to MOTU Tech Support --

The Symphonic Instrument sounds DVD is a dual-layer disc, which is necessary to accommodate the nearly 8 GB .DAT file.

Regarding the use of MSI sounds in MachFive, it is not currently possible; but we will soon be releasing an update for MachFive which will support the direct use of the MSI sounds. Please let me know whether you are using the Mac and/or PC versions of MSI and MachFive, and we'll keep your info on hand and let you know when that update is available. 
What Else?