Error when trying to copy Si instrument data

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

stonzthro
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Error when trying to copy Si instrument data

Post by stonzthro »

Hi there. I recieved the SI plug yesterday in the mail. Totally stoked to try this out I attempted to copy the data over to one (and then several different ) drives. I keep getting the following error after it is almost done:

"Sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred" (Error code -50)."

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Dual 867
2GB RAM
artsoundz

Re: Error when trying to copy Si instrument data

Post by artsoundz »

I had this once and it was because there was not enough space available on the destination drive. Just a thought
motumacman

Post by motumacman »

paramErr -50 Invalid value passed in a parameter. Your application passed an invalid parameter for dialog options.

that is the defenition of -50 error ... hope this helps
blackcrayon

Post by blackcrayon »

If the symphonic instrument install is anything like MachFive, try installing it from a different computer and then copying the files over. I just picked up MachFive this past weekend and my sounds DVD gave me errors trying to run the installer on my G5. I took a look at it and it had little white "flecks" all over the disc, i tried cleaning it but it still wouldn't read correctly. I ended up installing everything into my powerbook and copying the sounds over to my G5. For whatever reason the powerbook's drive didn't have a problem with the disc (i later tried the disc on yet another desktop G4 and that also had a problem.)

Hopefully MOTU will replace my dvd, but that got me going...