Hello, anyone noticed a noise in...

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

ipi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Hello, anyone noticed a noise in...

Post by ipi »

Hello, is it me or has anyone noticed a noise in C3 in the FORTE sample of the Clarinet SUS patch?

It's clearly a plucking noise coming from another instrument, i think its either a contrabass or a cello.

Ive exported the loop and listened to it on Wavelab made some analysis and yes i confirm the fastidious artifact.

Just by this i would love to have my money back.
They are right those who say that you are either professional or not.

Who wasnt professional in the whole loop? the guy that plucked its instrument while recording and didnt say anything or if he did say "oops youll have to repeat that recording again as i accidentally plucked my instrument.." then the recording engineer who didnt mind to re record the note was the culprit.

Or.. in the worst case there just wasnt any quality control on the recording.

It does bother me a lot to have contaminated samples, you dont buy stained clothes, you dont buy scratched nor dented items in a store, and of course you would complain if you found a peanut in your beer at a bar... of course it could be understandable that a peanut landed there but you still wouldnt accept it. Why should i buy a poorly recorded instrument library, after all i'm paying for the quality of it.

just my 2 cents.

<small>[ August 20, 2005, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: slre7 ]</small>
I"ll see you on the dark side of the moon...
spinpres

Re: Hello, anyone noticed a noise in...

Post by spinpres »

I haven't noticed that, but i have noticed that solo violin sounds terrible. The background noise is awful! I was really disappointed with this whole package.
ipi

Re: Hello, anyone noticed a noise in...

Post by ipi »

me too... in fact i returned the package to the store.

It's a crying shame.

First the announcement that it was going to be ready for spring then its almost august i waited and waited then when i finally got it...

first time motu disappoints me with their products.
I"ll see you on the dark side of the moon...