Unisyn problem solved by switching to non-MOTU interface

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

edespujol
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Unisyn problem solved by switching to non-MOTU interface

Post by edespujol »

Hi,
I just wanted to say that all the problems I was having with Unisyn (and also stuck MIDI notes) have disappeared by switching from a Fastlane to an Edirol UM-2
Erick
acro
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Unisyn problem solved by switching to non-MOTU interface

Post by acro »

I use two UM-4's. It took me some courage to make the switch from an MTPAV, but I'm really quite happy, too.
Jidis

Re: Unisyn problem solved by switching to non-MOTU interface

Post by Jidis »

Not sure what platform/OS you guys are on, but I had to give up on a MOTU MicroExpress recently because it was corrupting System Exclusive data to my CS-10 controller under WinXP.

Someone directed me to a link here which also mentions SysEx problems:

http://caps.pcrecruiter.com/MOTU/

-Take Care
Newsles

Post by Newsles »

Just as a matter of (vague) interest, Ive never had any problems using multi-port MOTU MIDI interfaces - not one. At least, nothing involving data corruption or anything like that.

uess I'm lucky.
I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the anwser I gave a moment ago...G4-upgraded G3, DP2.72, Korg 1212 card, Fostex 8-channel AD/DA converter, Korg DW8000, Novation Basstation, Kork M1rEX, Vintage Keys Plus, Akai S2000, Transcendent 2000 monosynth, Presonus ACP8 8-channel comp/gate, Behringer Multicom, Zoom and Yamaha external FX and a few other bits and pieces!
Jidis

Post by Jidis »

Newsles, (I realize this is old)

The SysEx formats are so unique, that it's possible it only screws with certain specific ones. Maybe the message length or some weird "nibble-ized" storage a particular device uses. (who knows??)

Could also be something specific to the different interface models, or even just the parallels or 2K/XP. The guy on that site did sound like he knew what he was talking about, so I'd keep a close eye on anything critical like data dumps,etc. Mine also messed up the Cooper messages, even using it back to back with a different interface (which was fine), under the same exact conditions and apps, so it definitely was the MicroX.

Take Care,

George
Newsles

Post by Newsles »

Thanks George - interesting.

As for data dumps - If Ive had any problems with things like patch sys ex, it's inevitably been traced to one of three things - a problem with the transmitting device, a similar problem with the receving device or software, or corrupted data due to knackered MIDI cables - that last one's provided some fun-and-games over the years I can tell you - but no, never my Micro or MIDI Express ports!

Thanks

Les
I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the anwser I gave a moment ago...G4-upgraded G3, DP2.72, Korg 1212 card, Fostex 8-channel AD/DA converter, Korg DW8000, Novation Basstation, Kork M1rEX, Vintage Keys Plus, Akai S2000, Transcendent 2000 monosynth, Presonus ACP8 8-channel comp/gate, Behringer Multicom, Zoom and Yamaha external FX and a few other bits and pieces!