Will unisyn vs2 and DP4 function like on OSX function li

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

emanofnc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Will unisyn vs2 and DP4 function like on OSX function li

Post by emanofnc »

Remember how in OS 9 w/freemidi, DP and Unisyn were integreted and you could, get,send, edit and load an accurate "current" (internal bank/patchlists) from external synths and they would "showup" in DP tracks

curently this does not seem possible with Logic Express without alot of "extra manual labor"

Im' looking into going back to Motu software for this purpose
Am I on the right track?

will the above method work in OS X (10.3.8) freemidi no longer exsists in OS X

I am currently using motu MTP av usb and MTPII MIDI interfaces
mibrilane

Re: Will unisyn vs2 and DP4 function like on OSX function li

Post by mibrilane »

Originally posted by emanofnc:
Remember how in OS 9 w/freemidi, DP and Unisyn were integreted and you could, get,send, edit and load an accurate "current" (internal bank/patchlists) from external synths and they would "showup" in DP tracks
Yes. CoreMIDI (the MIDI part of OS X) uses patchlists in XML format, and Unisyn 2.1x updates these with the current patches for the items you have that work with it. The number of "modern" instruments is small compared to SoundDiver and MIDIQuest but those synths it works with are well supported.
Mibrilane
Jim

Re: Will unisyn vs2 and DP4 function like on OSX function li

Post by Jim »

No. Or actually, it depends.

Read my thread about my patch lists not showing up in DP after I do a Get or Send. It only works on one of my seven MIDI devices and I can't get an answer from MOTU as to why not or how to get it working.

And if you use an older, unsupported device, you're totally on your own.

recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA