Rearranging TG77 algorithms?

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

torsig1967
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Rearranging TG77 algorithms?

Post by torsig1967 »

Hello.

I have never used Unisyn. A few years ago I used Sound Diver to make patches for my Yamaha TG77. However there is no support for Sounddiver in OS X anymore and I have this one question about Unisyn.

Is there a way in Unisyn to reconfigure the algorithms of the TG77 (or other FM-synths)?

In Sounddiver you could easily access the algorithm configuration (how the operators are connected) and edit both the connections and the feedback loops. I am hoping the Unisyn has the same possibilities.

Anyone who has knowledge in this matter?

How does it look? A screendump would be very interesting to see...

cheers

<small>[ August 04, 2005, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: torsig1967 ]</small>
Maskof
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Maskof »

Where you get it???
Maskof

Post by Maskof »

Where you get it???
Maskof

Post by Maskof »

Where you get it???
cagedartist

Re: Rearranging TG77 algorithms?

Post by cagedartist »

torsig1967 wrote:Hello.
Is there a way in Unisyn to reconfigure the algorithms of the TG77 (or other FM-synths)?
Yes, there is a full-featured voice editor for the TG77. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by reconfiguring the algorithms, though. If you can do it from the front panel of the synth, then Unisyn probably supports it. -Bob
Icarus
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Icarus »

"In Sounddiver you could easily access the algorithm configuration (how the operators are connected) and edit both the connections and the feedback loops. I am hoping the Unisyn has the same possibilities."

Unisyn does have a TG77 editor but IMHO it is more difficult to navigate than the front panel of the synth itself - at least for real editing, multis for example are fine. To be more specific with regards to your question, no, no, and no: Sounddiver shows a graphic display of the algorithms (though sideways - which I still find a bit strange!) but Unisyn simply labels them (i.e algorithm 1... algorithm 32 etc.) It is up to you to look up the operator arrangement yourself! The free algorithm possibilities as you can imagine - if editable in Unisyn (I have not actually tried this having first thrown up on my mac screen after an extensive TG77 editing session, then I pulled out the disk and stamped on it for a few hours shouting "bastard, bastard, bastard, who created this profile? a MONKEY?" over an over till I lost my voice, then I went back to sounddiver on OS9, heaved a sigh of relief and decided to curse Unisyn and Unisyn users and Unisyn creators and Unisyn discussions forever for this unpleasant editing environment for synths that are moderately complex...) are probably unpleasantly frustrating.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Steve da Sleeve
I c a r u s S o u n d