HELP PLEASE - bad data header etc.

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

edespujol
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

HELP PLEASE - bad data header etc.

Post by edespujol »

Hi, I'm using OS9, freemidi, MOTU fastlane interface, DP3 and a Roland JV-1080 with expansion boards. Freemidi couldn't handle the patch lists for the expansion boards correctly so I just purchased Unisyn to solve the problem, but I can't get past the first step in the manual, i.e., getting all the banks etc. from the JV-1080 to Unisyn. Is anyone familiar with the JV, freemidi and Unisyn who could KINDLY give me some advice, it's driving me crazy. The IDs match, Sysex receive and transmit is enabled, Unisyn and the JV do communicate ( I can double click a patch in the Unisyn patch list and it switches the JV, etc.), but I can't get the patches from the JV to Unisyn, and according to the manual that's the very fist step. THANKS
shepherdgary

Re: HELP PLEASE - bad data header etc.

Post by shepherdgary »

I had trouble with my JV1010 - and got the same message when I called my JV1010 a JV1080 in MIDI Setup (this always worked with Galaxy). So I guess the JV1080 compatibilty is still playing up.
RCory

Post by RCory »

try writing bob_melvin @(at) motu.com, he has always been quick and helpful...

do you have both MIDI IN and OUT hooked up? I haven't had any problem with my JV-880, so at least this series works...

Cory
edespujol

Post by edespujol »

Thank you very much, it's a really strange storry actually, I did contact MOTU, they were really cool and right on with various suggestions, I think what finally got it to work was plugging the jv into the other port in the fastlane interface (A <-> B) but then i got these stuck MIDI notes which went away by changing back again (so i'm happy because i heard that can be a bummer, it was like opening pandora's box and quickly shutting it, freaked me out, as you can see I don't know wtf I'm doing maybe i should just chill out on it for a while) i do have both MIDI IN and OUT hooked up, is that bad? Thanks again