Unisyn crashes before finishing startup

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

prdewaal
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Unisyn crashes before finishing startup

Post by prdewaal »

Hi,

Since the latest update of OSX (to 10.3.7) I cannot use Unisyn 2.1.1. anymore. It crahses before it finishes loading, and in the console log there's a message:

File 'MIDINameDocReader.cpp', Line 1534: MIDINameDocReader (Pacth, line 199, col 11103): Unknown element

Does anyone have the same problem?

Peter.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Unisyn crashes before finishing startup

Post by Shooshie »

I KNEW there was a reason why I have not updated to 10.3.7 yet. I keep putting it off. Ever get that uneasy feeling that a little voice is warning you about something, but you can't figure out why? Every time I start to install 10.3.7, I stop short, as if afraid of the deep water.

Well, I'm only partly joking, and in no way am I making light of your situation. I suggest the following, if you haven't already tried them:

••• repair permissions (Apple's Disk Utility in the Utilities Folder in your Applications Folder)

••• if the above doesn't fix anything, try uninstalling Unisyn, then reinstall Unisyn, and repair permissions one more time.

If that doesn't work, call MOTU first thing in the morning. And would you report on your success? I really don't want to install 10.3.7 if this is a major bug. Thanks,

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
mibrilane

Post by mibrilane »

Repair permissions fixed this problem for me.
Mibrilane
prdewaal
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by prdewaal »

Well, luckily I did manage to get it to run again. It involved booting from an OSX installer CD and doing disk repairs and permissions repairs on the system volume, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Unisyn software. Sometimes OSX does seem to require Voodoo knowledge to get it to run properly.....

Peter.
phillypeay

Post by phillypeay »

:cry: Hello:

My Unisyn 2.11 was working fine with Mac OS 10.3.8, but I had not used it lately. I recently installed Mac OS 10.3.9 and now Unisyn 2.11 crashes during start up. I reinstalled, repaired permissions numerous times, returned back to Unisyn 2.10 from the Insall disc, all with the same results. You mentioned booting from the Install Mac CD, but i have an external Firewire drive with an OS X on it. However, I noticed that you can not repair permission on a drive that is not the startup drive. I assume that repair a disc is different. Is there a way to tell if I need to REPAIR DISC rather than REPAIR PERMISSIONS?

I would appreciate a reply. I cannot get through to MOTU of course.

Phillypeay
Mac G4 dual 1 Ghtz; OS 10.3.9, 2408 MTP/AV USB; MachFive; DP 4.6, etc.
dixiechicken

Post by dixiechicken »

Check my advice - from Motu tech-support -
for installing Unisyn for a different user.

This link below:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=15

Scroll down towards the end of that side.

This procedure also relates to permissions problems -
maybe it'll turn out useful.

Cheers: Dixiechicken
------
My God it's full of stars....
------
Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Nehalem/Xeon 2.93 GHz 32-GB ram, OS-X 10.13.5-Swe, DP-9.52, Unisyn-2.11, 828-MkII,MTP-AV usb, Latest drvs, Wavearts plugs, Kurzweil-2000, Proteus-2000, EPS-16, Pod-II,
Digitech RP-155, Soundcraft UI-16, Emes Kobalt monitors.
------