Wanting a solid control surface for DP 9.5

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Sayadian
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Wanting a solid control surface for DP 9.5

Post by Sayadian »

Just wondering...

Does the Platform M's buttons control "record enable", "solo", and "mute"?

Thanks!
pencilina

Post by pencilina »

They do. Its generally a good tool though clunkier with dp then w/other SW especially regarding the jog wheel functionality.

If anyone knows how to get the rotary controllers to adjust sends please chime in.
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina
primeevolutionary

Post by primeevolutionary »

I may have posted in this thread already, but, the most recent posts seem to be resorting to no great options being available. The Mackie MCU Pro works perfectly with DP7-10.3. I have the most recent version of the hardware. I haven’t used it on Big Sur yet, but, it’s been a solid performer. Faders are solid and are flying and works great with automation. Also, most of everything can be accessed pretty easily through the device.

It may be bigger than what you were looking for. I used to use Alphatrack before I bought the MCU. It worked great until it stopped being fully supported, but, the MCU has been almost spotless where Alphatrack was kind of spotty during the best of its days.

My only two gripes are that the LED gets a little light to read at times and that, due to the nature of the plugins themselves, EQ sometimes takes a little longer to use than I’d like (too many layers of control in most plugins).

I find that I don’t rely on the LED that much, so, not that much of problem.
Macmini9,1 (M1, 2020) 16 GB RAM
MacBookPro15,1 2.6 GHz 6-Core (Intel, 2018) 16 GB RAM
OS X 14.3.1
DP11.3
2 896 mk3 192 kHz Hybrid FW • USB2
Stage-B16
2 828 mk1s
MTPAV USB