Phil Spector's "Wall of Hair"

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Phil Spector's "Wall of Hair"

Post by James Steele »

Okay, two questions:

1) What's with that hair?

2) Is there anybody on the list who had Phil Spector point a gun at them?

"Enquiring" minds want to know. :-)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Timeline

Re: Phil Spector's "Wall of Hair"

Post by Timeline »

He has wielded guns since the early days of production in the '60s at Gold Star Studios beneath the console producers desk in Santa Monica, now gone.

Allegedly, he pulled a gun on John Lennon once because he didn't like a vocal performance.

Hair? The guy is nuts and always has been. He should fry and we shouldn't care.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
John Stannard

Post by John Stannard »

Can i get a 'Colt' or 'Magnum' plug-in that works under MAS ?, sometimes a gun would work the wonders that AutoTune doesn't !!http://www.unicornation.com/ubb/icons/icon10.gif
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I could see how having a loaded weapon pointed at you might provide that little extra incentive to improve one's playing or singing. I guess that's where the expression about feeling "under the gun" came about. From what I've read Phil is a very talented man, but from the evidence it does not look good. "Don't play with guns" was one of those no-brainer concepts. I have owned guns myself, and you never point a gun at anyone even when you think it's not loaded. The only time you point a gun at someone is you are in literal fear for your life and you are going ot use it.

I would be surprised that if the stories are true about Phil brandashing weapons and threatening people with them that he hasn't been in more trouble with the law in the past, or maybe he has and I haven't read about it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Last edited by Tritonemusic on Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

So, what's up with Phil these days? Has he been tried? Sentenced? Or is that all yet to come?

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I'm sure his legal is slowing down the trial dates to give him more time to be free. He lives in Altadena. Trial starts in a few months.

I would love to see his record collection.

Wonder if the house will go too? Worth a couple a mil. He'll likely have to sell it for attorney fees I suspect. Then there's the civil action by the victims family.

Not lookin good.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2