Two Questions...

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ata
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Two Questions...

Post by ata »

Besides superior drummer crossbleed is implemented in drumgizmo free drumkits. I recommend them over any commercial ones because they really sound raw and unprocessed while all commercial ones are preequalized whatever their producers claim and it means you don't have much possibilities to get the right sound. One drawback of soundlibs with mic bleed in is that you are not able to separately equalize or otherwise modify any part of the kit for example snare only because modification will affect all other elements of the kit. It's another point why manual crosstalk bus is better than those solutions.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Two Questions...

Post by FMiguelez »

ata wrote:I normally use sequoia and not very experienced with dp. I will ignore any trolls' posts to put it short. As for the rest requests for clarification DP has non-standard way of rooting in my opinion. For example in sequoia you do not create buses in a separate window. You only create tracks as audio or MIDI tracks or aux busses or submix busses. By right clicking on any track you can choose options and choose to make any track to be a bus or submix bus or both.
It's the second time you imply someone's trolling and misinforming you... Care to explain?
AFAIK, we only have one troll in the whole forum, and he hasn't shown up for a while...

As for DP being non-standard when assigning buses "in different windows", you're wrong.
You can route tracks to any buses you want, or even create the buses, from within the mixer and possibly from the SE too.
Also, even if DP didn't do it like Sequoia, it doesn't mean one is THE standard and the other is not. They're different DAWs, each with its idiosyncrasies and unique ways of doing the same thing.

I mentioned the bundles window because it's very convenient, and that's where you can re-order them and rename them, but you can certainly create, assign and route through buses from any place that displays i/o in the GUI, like the mixer, SE and TO window.

Even then, the Bundles window is a mere shortcut away... Shift-U will get you the window in 0.2 seconds when you need it.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman