DP 9.1 Hardware inserts

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
pepe44
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP 9.1 Hardware inserts

Post by pepe44 »

bayswater wrote:I tried out this plugin when it first appeared, and found it did not accurately measure latency, and didn't even give the same result on multiple tests. IIRC, you can manually set the latency. I already had a setup that used a delay plugin with a negative setting, so I went back to using that.

I opened a tech link but MOTU was not able to reproduce any errors.

If other have this problem, perhaps they could also send tech links and maybe MOTU will have another look. It would be good to have this available for things like re-amping, and a couple of old hardware external effects.
You know what is strange, is that when i use a different audio interface,doesnt happen. Only with my MOTU ultralite MK3 hybrid it has this problem. How strange is that ?
pepe44
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by pepe44 »

I did a techlink to MOTU and Travis (MOTU tech side) is a aware of this problem now. He said its addressed to the development team and would let me know asap the problem is corrected.
What i find strange in all this is how this problem exists for such long time (this thread is from 2016) and yet is not solved ?
Anyway, lets hope it gets sorted.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bayswater »

pepe44 wrote:I did a techlink to MOTU and Travis (MOTU tech side) is a aware of this problem now. He said its addressed to the development team and would let me know asap the problem is corrected.
What i find strange in all this is how this problem exists for such long time (this thread is from 2016) and yet is not solved ?
Anyway, lets hope it gets sorted.
That's progress I suppose. Let's also hope it's not another two years before it's fixed.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8