using mach V w/DP on G5 2.0 Dual

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

zonamusicman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

using mach V w/DP on G5 2.0 Dual

Post by zonamusicman »

I am considering getting mach V. I will be using it with DP4 and various plug-ins, mixing in the box. I intend to put in 4 Gig of memory. Can I expect good robust performance with such a system--in otherwords, if I am using say 24 tracks with URS and UAD plug-in on at least 16 channels, will I be able to use mach V without slowing the computer down appreciably?
dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: using mach V w/DP on G5 2.0 Dual

Post by dtobocman »

How many tracks/instantiations of M5 do you expect to use?
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

Originally posted by dtobocman:
How many tracks/instantiations of M5 do you expect to use?
That's the question. M5 by itself doesn't tax a system too much, but the size and complexity of the samples you decide to run with it can have a big impact.

To try answer your question though: Generally speaking, I'd guess you'd experience good performance with your listed set-up.

<small>[ February 22, 2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: chrispick ]</small>
mjc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mjc »

get as much RAM as you can. 4Gig is a good start, more is better. I'm running DP4.52 + Mach5 + Powercore Element +BFD + Virtual Guitarist and with 4.5Gig, everything runs fine. CPU load is OK; no glitches or crashes since 4.52 update, but as already said, its the samples you load to Mach 5 not the program.
Mac Pro 2 x 2.4Ghz Quad Core, 14GB RAM, OSX 10.10.4, DP9.0 MachFive3, BFD3, Logic Pro X, 828MkII1, MTP AV, Mackie MC, A&H Zed 16R, POD X3 Korg SG pro X, 2 many guitars & amps