Stylus RMS reviews / experiences

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

jklimeck
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Stylus RMS reviews / experiences

Post by jklimeck »

I have heard so much about this, I was at NAMM and it was the talk, but didn't see it in action.

What are your experiences, opinions, functionality, drums sound quality, how are the "real acoustic" drum sounds.

Integration within DP and / or Mach 5, etc.

Are Spectrasonics sounds drum samples AIFF/WAV or in their own format.

thanks,

jk

<small>[ February 07, 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: macguitarman ]</small>
homebilly

Re: Stylus RMS reviews / experiences

Post by homebilly »

i'm kinda of diggin' it. i haven't given it the REAL once over yet but it does sound good and the interface isn't all that funky.

i'll keep you posted
el Ocho 2.8 running DP6 & RMX with M5II - 828mkII / el Quatro 2.66 running Vienna VI & Vienna Ensemble, RAX 2, M5II & L8 for VSL - 2408mkII / steiner MIDI EVI, Oberheim Xpander, M5II reading UVI .dats, Radium 61 controller
http://www.ronmeza.com

Paris mini studio : iMac 20" intel 2.66 core duo (spring 2009) DP 6.02 - Firebox running M5II & Independence Pro 2.1 connected to Mac Mini (spring 2009) - Firebox running L8, RAX 2, Independence 2.1, M M5II
Keystation 49e controller
homebilly

Post by homebilly »

macG
i got a guy at west LA music that'll hook you up for cheaps
el Ocho 2.8 running DP6 & RMX with M5II - 828mkII / el Quatro 2.66 running Vienna VI & Vienna Ensemble, RAX 2, M5II & L8 for VSL - 2408mkII / steiner MIDI EVI, Oberheim Xpander, M5II reading UVI .dats, Radium 61 controller

Paris mini studio : iMac 20" intel 2.66 core duo (spring 2009) DP 6.02 - Firebox running M5II & Independence Pro 2.1 connected to Mac Mini (spring 2009) - Firebox running L8, RAX 2, Independence 2.1, M M5II
dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by dtobocman »

Please explain how you can "load up" your Backbeat CD-ROM into Sylus RMX.

I own 4 different Groove Control Libraries... I didn't know you could do this... (Liquid Grooves, Backbeat, RetroFunk, and Ethno-Techno).

It would be cool to have these libraries more readily available to me... I always have to spend time auditioning, then loading the individual layers, and then importing the MIDI files... tedious, but worth it. Does Stylus improve the process?

I actually am a Stylus OS9 user... please explain how it's implemented in OSX.

Thatnks a million... !
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com
sonus

Post by sonus »

I've heard there are some issues running RMX (v 1.0 ?) along with DP 4.5.
Can anyone confirm that ?
I was ready to buy it but I've heard these rumors so I'll wait till I'm sure everything works OK.
Thanks
MacPro 5.1 2x3.46 twelve core, 64Gig, OSX 10.15, Mac Studio Max 32Gig, DP11.13, RME HDSPe FX, Softube Console 1 & Fader, UAD-2 quad, Soundtoys v5, UVI Falcon 3.0, GForce Mellotron & String Machine , Waves Rennaissance...
beldenmusic

Post by beldenmusic »

I agree with linwood, it is definately a must have...I use it for just about everything I do now. I highly recommend at least 2 of the S.A.G.E. expanders available if you want acoustic kits..backbeat and liquid grooves are unbelievable.

I have been converting most of my loop files to REX2 files and then using SAGE converter to port them into RMX...it can do some crazy things with bass loops too. I can't tell you how much I love this thing. The people at Spectrasonics are also very good about updates and tech support.

hope this helps,

patrick
homebilly

Post by homebilly »

v1.0 is working fine with 4.5

the MIDI file drag n drop thing is pretty cool.

dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by dtobocman »

Originally posted by linwood:
Please explain how you can "load up" your Backbeat CD-ROM into Sylus RMX
You have to use the Sage converter1.1 in OSX.
Can I use my existing Groove Control libraries?
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com
midilance

Post by midilance »

Stylus RMX rocks! Update version 1.21 is out now. I believe the Sage Converter version that will take care of the older groove controller libraries (Skippy's Noizbox, etc.) is not out yet.

RMX is too hip to be without.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
frankymax

Post by frankymax »

I converted Liquid Grooves and Bizarre Guitar from Roland CDRoms and they work beautifully in RMX!
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
David Helpling

Post by David Helpling »

Stylus RMX 1.2 works beautifully with 4.5>>>DO NOT INSTALL DP 4.51 or 4.52!!! I've converted all of my Spectrasonics GC libraries and deleted all of the files I had in Mach Five. RMX is an AMAZING machine and is the shortest link from mind to music so far...I can make this thing do ANYTHING...

Get it.
David Helpling - Composer/Producer
MacPro QuadCore 3GHz, Leopard/DP6.01/6 gigs RAM/Apogee Symphony and Hardware/MachFive2/WAVES/NI/URS/Spectrasonics/Analog Outboard
www.dhmmusicdesign.com
frankymax

Post by frankymax »

David- I'm running RMX 1.2 with DP 4.5.2 with no major problems- what problems did you have?
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
Hiddenstory

Post by Hiddenstory »

Stylus RMX it sounds so good and its so easy
that I feel creatively guilty. Press one button
and they'll think your a genius.
They'll think youve worked hard, but it was Eric Persing
that worked hard.
But you can also get very original within its perameters.
Techno-Lust el Maximo
sonus

Post by sonus »

David Helpling wrote:
Stylus RMX 1.2 works beautifully with 4.5>>>DO NOT INSTALL DP 4.51 or 4.52!!! I've converted all of my Spectrasonics GC libraries and deleted all of the files I had in Mach Five. RMX is an AMAZING machine and is the shortest link from mind to music so far...I can make this thing do ANYTHING...

Get it.
Thanks for making this clear for me David.
I'm on the way to get it !
MacPro 5.1 2x3.46 twelve core, 64Gig, OSX 10.15, Mac Studio Max 32Gig, DP11.13, RME HDSPe FX, Softube Console 1 & Fader, UAD-2 quad, Soundtoys v5, UVI Falcon 3.0, GForce Mellotron & String Machine , Waves Rennaissance...
rikp

Post by rikp »

I am also running stylus with DP 4.5.2 with no problems. The program is great, easy to use and liquid grooves is well worth the money! I have to say that I use Atmosphere, Stylus, and Trilogy more than all the rest of my plugins. They are that good!

Peace

rp :)
http://www.coffeecupmusic.com
Mac Pro 8 Core 22 Gig RAM, 2 Hackintoshes, DP 8, ProTools 11, Logic X, Waves, Kontakt, Vienna Strings, EWQL Platinum, GPO, BFD, Omnishphere, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Altiverb, DrumCore, EZ Drummer, LASS, HollyWoodwinds, and too much money spent on VI libraries.