Stylus RMS reviews / experiences

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Stylus RMS reviews / experiences

Post by dtobocman »

Thanks to all... I just upgraded from Classic to RMX and it's a mindblower. Instant drum arrangements. Too many good choices... and I haven't even SAGE converted my groove control libraries yet or my REX files... This will be a big time saver for me, as I'm used to auditioning via mp3s, loading individual files and MIDI files... Worth the $$$!
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com
dtobocman

Post by dtobocman »

This was the way we were born to audition drum loops.
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com
Circuitt
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Circuitt »

What if i am not really into already-made drum-loops, and like to create my own, using drum HITS, would this software unit, serve me well.

:p :p :p
buddhabelly

Post by buddhabelly »

Originally posted by Circuitt:
What if i am not really into already-made drum-loops, and like to create my own, using drum HITS, would this software unit, serve me well.

And then some. I've only been playing with this for a couple of hours. It's hard to write how impressive this plug is. Not only can you map each individual hit across your keyboard (automatically in general MIDI drumkit format by the way), you can map 'groove' loops to keys as well, so you can compose either way on the fly. You really have to see it to get it. Check out some of the videos at spectrasonics site. They have a long real video from NAMM and a couple of sample audio files and video overview as well.

You can also import REX files, so if you have Recycle, you can add your own sounds. Also, don't underestimate the 'Chaos' editor, where you can change the pattern slightly or radically, and reverse hits and repeats and tuning of individual hits within the kits, pitch shift.....

<small>[ February 12, 2005, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: buddhabelly ]</small>
dtobocman

Post by dtobocman »

Originally posted by Circuitt:

The plug comes with a large library of single hits and templates set up for exactly this kind of programming. Plus, you can audition stuff like hihat loops and percussion loops against your programmed parts... all in whatever tempo you choose. Combine both methods... that's probably the best way anyway.
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com
maintiger
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by maintiger »

wow- I got DFHS and it sucks... should have gotten stylus instead
Xavier Calvera
DP 6 dual G5 2.0- 828mkii-
apogee rosetta - Mach Five, Atmosphere, Stylus, Garritan, Soundtrack,
more soft synths...
check out my latest DP project at www.theorishasarecoming.com more on www.lordtiger.com