Alternatives to DSP Quattro

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Alternatives to DSP Quattro

Post by billf »

mhschmieder wrote: CD authoring capabilities are important to me.
Same here, I'm quite interested in what v5 has to offer.

mhschmieder wrote:On a separate note, I did the Studio One 4 upgrade yesterday due to some useful productivity features in song arranging, and it solves my six-month issue of v3 not launching.
I updated that one as well, and the song arranging features do look intriguing.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Bill, thanks -- that did the trick, but the license file was rejected at first as my user name got misspelled at some point along the way and is encoded with the misspelling in the license file name. Once I noticed that, I was able to get it to launch.

While I was going through that process and first making sure everything was fine, Stefano wrote me back about the File->New trick (I didn't want to let him know I had solved it until all the way through the process, in case of additional issues), but he says this is a bug and will be fixed in an upcoming update (soon). So I think the intent was for it to show up somewhere more obvious.

As for Studio One v4, I still do not plan to use that app for mastering, but the chord recognition feature, and the reharmonization feature, are probably worth the $120 I spent to upgrade my full pro license (I got a large discount, so if you don't see the same discount, let me know and I'll recheck where/how I did the upgrade order).

I use Studio One mostly for testing VI's and plug-ins before deeming them safe for use in DP -- even though DP itself is far more stable for plug-ins than any other DAW. It saves me heartache if I open a DP project, insert a potentially dangerous VI or plug-in, and then have trouble reverting the project or opening it if it turns out something dangerous got onto my system (especially with demo licenses). It covers VST2 and VST3 as well as AU, so is a good catch-all for establishing a quarrantine.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
billf

Post by billf »

mhschmieder wrote:While I was going through that process and first making sure everything was fine, Stefano wrote me back about the File->New trick (I didn't want to let him know I had solved it until all the way through the process, in case of additional issues), but he says this is a bug and will be fixed in an upcoming update (soon). So I think the intent was for it to show up somewhere more obvious.
Mark, I'm glad you have it resolved. Stefano got back to me as well, and I'm also good to go. At first I was puzzled because the application would launch, but nothing would happen. So I accidentally tried the File > New Project maneuver. So now on to the weekend and spend some time playing with these new applications. :D
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

The installation guide and user manual are both titled DSP-Q 4. The short guide has version 5 in the title. The file names all refer to V5. What's going on?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Please let me know if the Batch Processing is gone, or where it is now. Thanks!
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Does v5 overwrite v4, or can they both coexist?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

cuttime wrote:Does v5 overwrite v4, or can they both coexist?
Dr. Google says yes, but v5 won't open v4 files.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
billf

Post by billf »

cuttime wrote:Does v5 overwrite v4, or can they both coexist?
Both are active, and the license for each version remains in your User Area.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

The apps have different names so don't overwrite each other.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I’m finding it impossible to purchase the update on my iPad. It keeps looping back, asking me to reset the password and then not letting me in. I purchased SWAM Cello through this app before—it showed me that. Totally screwed up. I’ll try again on my iMac tomorrow.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
sdaino

Post by sdaino »

Hello everybody,

first of all thank you very much for your interest in DSP-Quattro.

Version 5 is really a major step respect the previous versions. Everything has been re-written from scratch. New 64 bit audio and graphic engines, new graphic, new single window GUI based on the project, new software libraries, even a new programming language. Everything new. It was really the right time to do it, also to be updated with MacOS new features.

But all the features of v4 are - or will - be inside, of course.

About version 4 and version 5: too many things changed between DSP-Quattro v5 and its previous versions, it was impossible to keep the compatibility. And, last but not least, previous versions of DSP-Quattro were using libraries of MacOS which are not available anymore into the current Apple SDK used to build DSP-Quattro v5.

Btw, it is not a big issue: just keep v4 on your HD. I mean, DSP-Quattro v5 and previous versions of DSP-Quattro can stay side by side on the same HD without any problem or conflict. Just be sure to avoid to trash or overwrite the previous version of DSP-Quattro when you install the new v5.

About the BatchProcessor: for the moment it is not included in v5, but it will very very soon - it is scheduled as next step, it should be ready during this summer. Please, use v4 for now.

About the documentation: I apologise, at moment only a short guide is available. The full reference manual will come asap. I preferred to be out with v5 as soon as possible because v4 was having some serious problems under High Sierra. I hope you will understand.

About video tutorials about using DSP-Quattro v5: YES I'm preparing several video tutorials. I think they are even more important and effective than the full reference manual. They will be available on YouTube during next weeks.

About purchasing DSP-Quattro v5 when you purchase a license of v5 on our Store web page, you will be redirected to ShareIt/MyCommerce secure web page. It is normal. They take care of the payment on their certified secure web site. ShareIt is part of Digital River, one of the biggest Companies which offer secure money transactions all over the world.

For any question, doubt, if you have requirements or suggestions, if you will need assistance, please do not hesitate to write to me @support.

DSP-Quattro is a fully supported product, and your feedbacks are really a great value.

Thanks!
Stefano Daino
http://www.dsp-quattro.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:I’m finding it impossible to purchase the update on my iPad. It keeps looping back, asking me to reset the password and then not letting me in. I purchased SWAM Cello through this app before—it showed me that. Totally screwed up. I’ll try again on my iMac tomorrow.
I've had a problem on Digital River on the iPad too. But I've had problems with a few other on line payment sites on the iPad, all of which worked on a Mac, so I suspect the iPad's. I had no problems on the MBP.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

sdaino wrote:Hello everybody,

first of all thank you very much for your interest in DSP-Quattro.

-----

DSP-Quattro is a fully supported product, and your feedbacks are really a great value.

Thanks!
Stefano Daino
Congrats on getting V5 out the door.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

sdaino wrote:
About purchasing DSP-Quattro v5 when you purchase a license of v5 on our Store web page, you will be redirected to ShareIt/MyCommerce secure web page. It is normal. They take care of the payment on their certified secure web site. ShareIt is part of Digital River, one of the biggest Companies which offer secure money transactions all over the world.

For any question, doubt, if you have requirements or suggestions, if you will need assistance, please do not hesitate to write to me @support.

Thanks!
Stefano Daino
I have tried 5 browsers over two platforms(Safari, Firefox and Chrome over OS 10.13.3 and Safari, Chrome over iOS 11.1) and cannot make https://ccc.shareit.com/ take my money to complete the purchase. I now have 7 email telling me that I have asked for password resets and have followed both links many times to reenter/reset my passwords. Worst thing is that the site displays my purchase history—I have bought from them before.

I don't use port blockers. Neither am I behind a firewall or VPN.

Please post again when this is fixed so that I can buy from you.

Thanks.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:
sdaino wrote:

Thanks!
Stefano Daino
I have tried 5 browsers over two platforms(Safari, Firefox and Chrome over OS 10.13.3 and Safari, Chrome over iOS 11.1) and cannot make https://ccc.shareit.com/ take my money to complete the purchase. I now have 7 email telling me that I have asked for password resets and have followed both links many times to reenter/reset my passwords. Worst thing is that the site displays my purchase history—I have bought from them before.

I don't use port blockers. Neither am I behind a firewall or VPN.

Please post again when this is fixed so that I can buy from you.

Thanks.
Mike, I never entered any user ID or password. I did try what I thought might be valid info, the defaults I usually use, because I have no record of ever having registered with this payment processor. So I just went back to the site, clicked on the proceed to order link without entering any credentials, and it worked. I have it installed.