Re-organizing Mach5 library

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Mink
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re-organizing Mach5 library

Post by Mink »

I have all my sample CDs imported now... but I want to reduce the redundancy in my list (Volume 1, volume 2, volume 3 etc.) by consolidating them in the MachFive library.

HERE'S THE THING:
When I do that, the samples can't be found. Is there a way to re-save them with the samples (or enter a new path to the samples)? Or something?
frankymax

Re: Re-organizing Mach5 library

Post by frankymax »

I don't know the answer to this but I also would love to know how that can be done. Somebody, puhlease?!
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
maintiger

Post by maintiger »

I have my M5 samples in a 20 GB partition in my hard drive that is almost full... If I put other samples in another partition or another hard drive would mach Five be able to see them? I have a couple of libraries that I haven't installed yet-
Xavier Calvera
DP 6 dual G5 2.0- 828mkii-
apogee rosetta - Mach Five, Atmosphere, Stylus, Garritan, Soundtrack,
more soft synths...
check out my latest DP project at www.theorishasarecoming.com more on www.lordtiger.com
Spiderfinger
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Spiderfinger »

If you want MachFive to see sounds on another drive or partition, make an alias of the sound folder on the other drive and drop it into the MachFive Sounds Folder. Make sure the sounds are in MachFive format or it won't work.
matwell

Post by matwell »

My experience has been that you can reorganize the Presets, but you cannot change the directory structure of the Samples after they have been imported. MachFive is very strict about the Samples directory!

Remember to "Rescan Soundbank" or "Rescan MachFive Sounds folder" after moving Presets around or MachFive won't see the current state of it's Sounds folder.

Hope this helps!
Quad G5 - 4GB RAM; PB 17" 1.5 GHz - 1GB RAM; OS 10.4.8, DP 5.11, Digi 002R, Mbox, Pro Tools LE 7.1, DV Toolkit 2, Music Production Toolkit, MachFive, NI Komplete2, EWQLSO GOLD, MemoryMoog Plus