Maybe I'll foolish, Can't install Machfive

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Fladlien
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Maybe I'll foolish, Can't install Machfive

Post by Fladlien »

I am on a MAC OSX. I put in the "Machfive installer cd" and the only options I have to install anything is something called FW Audio Desk. So I just decide to install that, but then I am prompt aftewards to enter registration info from some audio desk manual which I did not have (the only manual I have is the machfive manual). I gave it a shot to try to open it in pro tools anyway but of course no dice. Anyone can help a poor newbie like me?
Dfab020
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Maybe I'll foolish, Can't install Machfive

Post by Dfab020 »

Sounds like you are putting in the wrong CD all together. Where did you get this CD from ?? Is the actual CD called "Mach Five installer" ?? Audiodesk is the free software that is shipped with MOTU's hardware units. If this does in fact say Mach Five installer, sounds like there is a mistake with this disk.

--Bryan--
http://www.dfabstudios.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.dfabmusic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fladlien
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Fladlien »

yes sir I think there is a mistake because it definetly says MACHFIVE installer cd. What are the chances? Thanks.
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by billf »

Originally posted by Fladlien:
yes sir I think there is a mistake because it definetly says MACHFIVE installer cd. What are the chances? Thanks.
Contact MOTU. I''ve had a bad installer disk for the original MachFive and they got me a replacement in a flash.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1