Processing audio in Adobe Audition messes up DP audio

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kestudi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Processing audio in Adobe Audition messes up DP audio

Post by kestudi »

Hi,

Here's my issue - I have an audio region on the timeline in DP. I locate the audio file in Finder, and open it in Adobe Audition (to do some .WAV file processing). When I process and resave the file, the corresponding audio region in DP shows up as pure static (quite loud and ear-splitting).

Is there some way to make DP to reanalyze the audio so that it sounds properly?

When I rename the processed file in Finder and drag it into DP, it works fine, so I know that it's not an issue of the source file getting corrupted. Somehow DP freaks out that the audio has changed outside of the software...

Thanks!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Processing audio in Adobe Audition messes up DP audio

Post by mikehalloran »

Are they set to the same sample rate?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Had this happen recently; I run the AA version just before it went subscription. What I did was to close DP, open the file in AA and resaved it as a .wav file (which is what it was before), quit AA and reimported the file into DP and it played fine.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Does it work if you designate Audition as the External Audio Editor for DP (see Audio menu).
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:Does it work if you designate Audition as the External Audio Editor for DP (see Audio menu).
Don't have that designation made so can't say. It's only happened once so far (knocks on wood).
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I was asking the OP. I have DSP-Q assigned as the external editor and that works fine. I doubt that is specific to the audio editor used. Presumably the designation just tells DP that the file will be altered.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8