not recog. sounds folder when moved

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

TheCoalman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

not recog. sounds folder when moved

Post by TheCoalman »

Hey guys, does anyone know why when I moved my M5 sounds folder from my main drive to another internal drive it doesn't recognize it? I've done the whole re-select M5 sounds folder and picked the correct folder from the other drive, it still brings up errors saying it cant find any samples..............thanks for your time.......

G4 1.25/DP w/1.25 G Ram/10.3.4/DP 4.12/M5 1.7/828 Blue Face
TheCoalman
G5 2.7 DP/10.4.11/3G RAM/DP 4.61/5.12/Mach 5 1.2/828/Express XT/UAD-1 4.2/Spectrasonics/EWSQ Gold/Sampletank 2.9
JBova515

Re: not recog. sounds folder when moved

Post by JBova515 »

I had the same problem. I tried repointing to the folder many times. Even after reboots, repairing permissions etc. I gave up.
I could not get through to tech support. I wrote them and never got a reply. I finally retried it a few days later, relocated the folder and it worked again. I have no idea what changed to allow it to see the folder. I imported samples from UVI extract while it was unable to locate it's folder. Those samples showed up properly yet It still did not see all the other files. :confused:

<small>[ December 09, 2004, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: JBova ]</small>
Bigworld

Post by Bigworld »

Hi,

Try keeping your original mach 5 folder. Then move your files to the other drive and place an alias in the original mach 5 folder. Works for me!

Doug
TheCoalman

Post by TheCoalman »

I figured out what it was, if you have a backslash or any weird symbol in your hard drive name or folder names that the sounds folder resides in, it will not recognize it. This is an OSX unix thing, take all the / and other symbols if you have any out of your folder names and hard drive names and then reselect M5 sounds folder............
TheCoalman
G5 2.7 DP/10.4.11/3G RAM/DP 4.61/5.12/Mach 5 1.2/828/Express XT/UAD-1 4.2/Spectrasonics/EWSQ Gold/Sampletank 2.9
dtobocman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by dtobocman »

Great thread... useful, lifesaving stuff....

Unity loves aliases in it's original folder too. Sounds like the perfect safety measure for a potentially fatal problem...
David Tobocman
www.DavidTobocman.com