Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

AudioThing 13th Anniversary Sale 35% off all plugins

Post by stubbsonic »

I didn't see a date when this sale ends. AudioThing (IMHO) hits a sweet spot between practical sounds with a sort of eclectic twist. I'm a huge fan of their Fog Convolver plugin-- which is an inexpensive alternative to Altiverb, for convolution. It's easy to use and understand. The included library isn't "wonderous" per se, but my standards are pretty high in that regard. With a bit of effort you can find many a glorious impulse response online and be good to go.

AudioThing also has some nice mechanical reverb sims, too. Bunches of plugs that will stink up your imagination with that burning tube smell.

https://www.audiothing.net/plugins/
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Re: Fuse Audio Compressor

Post by bayswater »

Intro price is $29 instead of $59. Yet another compressor but looks interesting. Does expansion and compression on the same control and appears to be able to ignore threshold. I always wondered why this isn’t more common.

https://fuseaudiolabs.com/#/pages/product?id=301086159
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Analog Obsession ATONE Channel Strip - FREE

Post by James Steele »

Analog Obsession ATONE Channel Strip - FREE

https://www.production-expert.com/produ ... sion-atone
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Sonible pure:unmask for $19

Post by James Steele »

Saw on another site:
Sonible pure:unmask for $19 at audioplugin.deals with the one-time coupon LOYAL10-3ST2XCKQ

It works. I just grabbed it.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Mastering the Mix LEVELS - FREE

Post by James Steele »

Mastering the Mix LEVELS - FREE

Limited time... here's where you can read some info about the plugin:
https://www.masteringthemix.com/products/levels

Here's the link to follow to get it free. You will need to provide an email address but you can always unsub later if you wish.
https://sowl.co/s/bpQfXE

James Steele
Site Administrator

Crow Hill Demon Drop - Circuit Drums - FREE for 23 more hours

Post by James Steele »

Crow Hill Demon Drop - Circuit Drums - FREE for 23 more hours

https://thecrowhillcompany.com/demon-drop-001/

Looks like if you're already on the email list or signed in you'll see a dowload button, else you'll see a form to join their email list go get access.
Demon Drop #001
Circuit Drums
A rarefied collection of electronic drums created from analogue and vintage modular sources, processed through classic vintage equipment, housed in an extraordinary interface designed to dial-up the demon in your drums.

mikehalloran

Sale on Shimmer Shake Strike 2+ Expansion (including upgrades)

Post by mikehalloran »

Insession Audio is having a sale on the recently released Shimmer Shake Strike 2 + Expansion. $110 for new licenses; $59 for upgrades from SSS 1.

https://insessionaudio.com/products/shi ... -strike-2/

Kontakt or the free Kontakt Player required.

Though I prefer to create my own hand percussion tracks when I have the time, I’ve been using SSS for years when deadlines loom large. I’ll be upgrading later today.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

PSP Xenon Flash Sale for 72 hours

Post by James Steele »

Just got this in my email today. I qualified because of InfiniStrip, but I'm guessing if you owned any one of a number of PSP plugs this deal is probably going on right now.

xenon.jpg
xenon.jpg (262.95 KiB) Viewed 143 times
72 hour FLASH SALE!

As a registered user of our PSP InfiniStrip in the next 3 days you can buy the recently updated PSP Xenon with an additional 80% discount over your regular loyalty discount.

To see your final discounted price:

1) Log-in to your account at our user area and go to the store.
2) Put PSP Xenon into your cart.
3) Go to our check out page and you see your individual discount coupon.
4) Tick the box: I have a coupon!.
5) Copy the coupon code (CTRL +C) and Paste (CTRL +V) into the coupon field and press activate it button.
5) Finalize the payment.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Softube Model 80 Synth $55 with Promo Code

Post by James Steele »

Softube Model 80 Synth $55 with Promo Code

Use the code 55MODEL80 at checkout.

https://www.softube.com/model-80-five-voice-synthesizer

"Purchase between April 27 and April 29, 2024, to get Model 80 Five Voice Synthesizer for $55 (reg. $159). Promo code cannot be combined with other promotional codes"

model80.jpg
model80.jpg (106.8 KiB) Viewed 130 times

James Steele
Site Administrator

Kompose Audio Arcturus Kontakt Instrument - FREE

Post by James Steele »

This one requires full version of Konakt and is FREE, but you have to "purchase" the free instrument at Kompose Audio's site, so I guess they'll get an email. They'll send you a code which you redeem and then download with Pulse Downloader. Honestly it sounds pretty good. Basically the ethereal sustainy pad kind of thing.

https://komposeaudio.com/products/kompo ... o-arcturus

arcturusfree.jpg
arcturusfree.jpg (190.46 KiB) Viewed 69 times

James Steele
Site Administrator

DH Plugins BASS-FACE - Free for limited time

Post by James Steele »

DH Plugins BASS-FACE - Free for limited time

Not sure how long this will be free, but it is for now: https://dhplugins.com/bass-face/
Small Plug-In, Big Sound… BASS-FACE is a ‘One-Knob’ style multi-effect plug-in designed to add presence and distortion to your sound. With 3 modes to select from, each increasing in drive and presence, BASS-FACE can add a gentle lift or face-melting heat to whatever you feed it.

A Simple interface and HUGE sound, BASS-FACE is designed as an enhancer / drive unit, processing several effects to add character, drive, width, modulation and presence to your sounds.

TYPE 1 – Gentle Presence, Space and Subtle Modulation

TYPE 2 – Saturation, Presence, Space and Subtle Modulation

TYPE 3 – Drive, Presence and Subtle Modulation

CLIP – Adds a no-frills hard clipper to the end of the signal chain

XTRA – Boosts the Spacial and Modulation effects

James Steele
Site Administrator

Korneff Puff Puff mixPass - intro price $24.99 - get it for $18.74 with coupon code

Post by James Steele »

Korneff Puff Puff mixPass - intro price $24.99 - get it for $18.74 with coupon code

https://korneffaudio.com/product/puff-puff-mixpass/

Use coupon code CONTROLROOMFRIENDS at checkout.

NOTE: Just saw it mentioned online that the above code will get 25% of ANY of the Korneff plugs.

ppp-product-image.png
ppp-product-image.png (141.7 KiB) Viewed 49 times
LOUDER, but not compressed
When you need a track or mix louder, do you slap a compressor or limiter on it, squash it and crank up the gain? Yes, it gets louder, but does it sound, well... good?

Puff Puff mixPass makes your signal louder by enhancing its harmonic structure to increase the apparent loudness to your ear. Yes, it sounds louder, but it’s not crushed with zilch dynamic range and that typical overcompressed flatness. The Puff Puff actually brings back dynamics and adds a warm, analog liveliness that usually requires a room full of tube equipment to emulate.

The Puff Puff mixPass does all this with some clever waveshaping and two sliders.

James Steele
Site Administrator

GForce Oberheim DMX VI just dropped. $24.99 Intro Price

Post by James Steele »

GForce Oberheim DMX VI just dropped. $24.99 Intro Price

Just read on another forum that the Oberheim DX drum machine plug just came out. The post was from D-Fused sounds and was only about 27 minutes old. In fact, there's no mention of this product yet on GForce's website, but they do have a video on YouTube that was unlisted (it's linked off D-Fuse's page below:)

https://d-fusedsounds.com/gforce-oberheim-dmx

NOTE: If you do purchase this (as I did), be aware that you may be waiting a while for fulfillment. I received email confirmation of my order very quickly. Then, another "Order Update" email telling me I'd get download/installation info soon. Well it's nearly half-an-hour since my purchase and nothing yet. I suspect registering licenses might be done manually? GForce itself is in the UK IIRC, so I hope I don't need to wait till it's business hours across the pond! LOL