Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

PSP MixPack 2

Post by bayswater »

PSP MixPack 2 is $39 until the end of April 1, about 45 hours from now. Additional discounts apply for those with other PSP plugins. Includes MixBass2 , MixTreble2 , MixSaturator2 , MixPressor2, MixGate2 and MixSync2
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
bayswater

Re: PSP MixPack 2

Post by bayswater »

bayswater wrote:PSP MixPack 2 is $39 until the end of April 1, about 45 hours from now. Additional discounts apply for those with other PSP plugins. Includes MixBass2 , MixTreble2 , MixSaturator2 , MixPressor2, MixGate2 and MixSync2
You might want to hold off. I was unable to find any licence files or links to authorizers. The plugins appear in the correct folder, but none of my hosts recognize them. I sent a note to PSP support and got a reply that they are away until "March 5" and cannot reply.

Someone is asleep at the switch there.

Never Mind: This package uses the old authorization scheme with key codes and user names. There is nothing to download for authorization.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

...and the newer PSP stuff works only with iLock...
Klaus
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Klaus wrote:...and the newer PSP stuff works only with iLock...
Klaus
? Other than MixPack, all mine use downloaded licence files. I moved them all off iLok some time ago, and was told I couldn't move them back.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

bayswater wrote:
Klaus wrote:...and the newer PSP stuff works only with iLock...
Klaus
? Other than MixPack, all mine use downloaded licence files. I moved them all off iLok some time ago, and was told I couldn't move them back.
Yeah, same here, Bays.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
Klaus

Re: Plug-in Sales and Special Deals Sticky Topic

Post by Klaus »

I was interested in the EMT
http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/rev ... 45/#system
and was told there is no challenge / response anymore for newer plugs...
May be I am not understanding Pace / iLok...
Can someone confirm that I can authorize using Pace - with another computer that is on the www - than the studio computer ?
Thanks a lot
Klaus
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Klaus, you were right. PSP is moving their plugins to iLok/Pace. This video published a week or two ago covers it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... a3vcoaUirA

I thought PSP had moved away from iLok/Pace a few years back, but either way, it looks like they're moving back. What is not clear is which plugins now use iLok, which use the activation application, and which use a old challenge response method.

Try the support page. I got reply quickly, despite the message there that they are away.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Yes, I had emails with support, and I'm probably stuck with 'what I have' from PSP, unless I can use Pace and another computer to authorize

Or DP could license the EMT from PSP :mrgreen:

Klaus
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Klaus wrote:Yes, I had emails with support, and I'm probably stuck with 'what I have' from PSP, unless I can use Pace and another computer to authorize

Or DP could license the EMT from PSP :mrgreen:

Klaus
Well, this is what the product page for the EMT says:

"In order to run a plug-in in 30 day demo mode or activate the plug-in, you need an iLok user ID which you can create for free at https://www.ilok.com/, and you need to install the free iLok License Manager application. A hardware USB iLok dongle is NOT required, however it is optional."

Along with the video link above, that should tell you everything there is to know about it.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Thanks, I read it that the studio computer has to be online, be it directly or on a network

Klaus
mikehalloran

Re: PSP

Post by mikehalloran »

PSP is having some issues with authorization. I recently had some problems and they had to email some authorization files to make it work on my system. We got it straightened out, however.

The only reason I’ve not gone for this latest deal is that I see them all as being redundant. Too much of the functionality overlaps other products I already own or features built into DP. Hmmm... wonder what my real price is???
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:PSP is having some issues with authorization. I recently had some problems and they had to email some authorization files to make it work on my system. We got it straightened out, however.
Yes, they just send me the .plist file. But I had it working anyway. Just had to enter my user name and ID in the plugin when it first loaded, but after a system restart.
mikehalloran wrote:The only reason I’ve not gone for this latest deal is that I see them all as being redundant. Too much of the functionality overlaps other products I already own or features built into DP. Hmmm... wonder what my real price is???
I usually take the same view, but with PSP plugins I usually find something a bit different. This bundle gets me closer to the long term goal of replacing Waves Ren plugins, which the built in DP stuff doesn't do, and closer to the long discontinued Dynasone, which with one click, made everything sound like a hyped up smash hit on 70s FM radio. Some people want that.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:...This bundle gets me closer to the long term goal of replacing Waves Ren plugins, which the built in DP stuff doesn't do, and closer to the long discontinued Dynasone, which with one click, made everything sound like a hyped up smash hit on 70s FM radio. Some people want that.
Hmmmm.... because of previous purchases, my final price is under $30 ... so I pulled the trigger.

After I installed, I had to reboot before it showed up in DP. Then I had to type in the authorization 6 times (1 for each plug) — copy & paste didn't work.

Long time since I've seen that! Hmmmm ... just how old is this anyway? Clicking on Find Legacy Versions, it shows a version for OS 9 with a download link and another authorization code. Ok... nice to know that, if I wish to resurrect DP 3 or 4 on my G4, I can have this available. Moving on...
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Don't Crack is offering IRCAM TS at a special price of $50 through April 9.

This is pitch & time software that works only in standalone mode to process single files. I've used it for years to tune & transpose mixes, and to change tempos on songs that students are learning. It's a great tool. It's not super versatile, but it does what it does very well.

http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2018/03/i ... d-a-promo/
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I've had this for years. GRAB IT!!!
stubbsonic wrote:Don't Crack is offering IRCAM TS at a special price of $50 through April 9.

This is pitch & time software that works only in standalone mode to process single files. I've used it for years to tune & transpose mixes, and to change tempos on songs that students are learning. It's a great tool. It's not super versatile, but it does what it does very well.

http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2018/03/i ... d-a-promo/
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS