Old To Begin. New to MOTU.

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
jeffreykloss
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Old To Begin. New to MOTU.

Post by jeffreykloss »

Good morning everyone:

My initial post, so I hope I don••™t step on too many toes! My girlfriend just got me a MOTU for my birthday, and as I am starting out, I could really use ANY tips/things to be aware of/ advice etc.

In a month, I am having friends come for our yearly music get together, and am on a Crash Course••”trying to Shed my Old Tascam comforts for the Beauty MOTU can offer!

I am going to plug two condenser vocal mics into the front. In the analog back ports-- two drum mics, a bass amp, an amp••™d keyboard, a direct fed guitar, a mic••™d guitar, and one unused dynamic mic (incase anyone wants to play mandolin, fiddle, or accordion).

I loaded Tiger onto the computer and Installed AudioDesk last night!

There is So Much to learn. I will be a good student if anyone is willing to share with me.
The present posts are moving pretty fast, so I••™ve taken a stab to start a new Topic.

Thanking in advance,

jeff

<small>[ June 07, 2005, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: jeffreykloss ]</small>
draudio2u

Re: Old To Begin. New to MOTU.

Post by draudio2u »

I strongly suggest you pick up the Cool School DVD tutorial. You can find it at say - Sweetwater or even used on e-bay. MOTU has infor on these on their web site. If you never worked with a Digital Audio Workstation before, you will sit for months with the manual in what a few hours you could learn with the DVD - especially since you can watch it on the same computer you are working on :D

good luck
MacBook Pro FULL, 896HD, 828mkii, DP7... Just go to the web site and look at the pretty pictures ; )
jeffreykloss

Re: Old To Begin. New to MOTU.

Post by jeffreykloss »

wow thanks for the INFo i never would have known...

i'll look for that DVD right away.

thanks again
jeff