Justin Bieber in the news again.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Justin Bieber in the news again.

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

It's like abusing EQ. That which you suppress, or emphasize, to the extreme tends to get amplified, or diminished, respectively, in the final mix.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Justin Bieber in the news again.

Post by Julia123 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:It's like abusing EQ. That which you suppress, or emphasize, to the extreme tends to get amplified, or diminished, respectively, in the final mix.
OMG I can't stand pop culture yet there I see Justin Beiber in this post and I pick it to read??? Hmmm--- (I do have students that are in love with him so I'll use that as an excuse) Anyway, this EQ philosophical quote is great!!
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:It's like abusing EQ. That which you suppress, or emphasize, to the extreme tends to get amplified, or diminished, respectively, in the final mix.
I have no idea who Justin Biber is, but I really like your MLCisms, MLC :)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

I have to edit most of them. No politics, no religion, no untoward comments/pictures - but you can always PM me for the "fat" "skinny."

Glad to keep you folks entertained. :lol:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote: Glad to keep you folks entertained. :lol:
Always! Don't ever change. :D

Fernando: You've really never heard of Justin Bieber? I envy you.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
MIDI Life Crisis

Hey Tritone, happy post 2100!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Tritonemusic wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote: Glad to keep you folks entertained. :lol:
Always! Don't ever change. :D

Fernando: You've really never heard of Justin Bieber? I envy you.
With rare exceptions, I don't follow pop culture, and I've avoided reading any Just-in Beaver related stories or pictures. Nevertheless, I know that he is a pop idol, a singer, and that every single thing he does is exceedingly important, even moreso than presidents, wars, economy, and so forth.

He must have been standing at a young age near the cultural vacuum when it popped and sucked him in. There always has to be a Bieber character, and we know what happens to them in best-case scenarios: Paul McCartney is a multi-billionaire, still putting out videos of himself playing all the instruments in insipid pop tunes more appropriate for someone Justin's age, for whom we can at least use the excuse "well... he IS just a kid." So, Paul's playmates all grew up, and he's all alone now, having to play all the instruments because none of the grownups will play with him, after which he takes a relaxing roll in the Money Bin and ask Cadbury if any of the little girls might play with him. (to those under 50, that's a comic book reference you've never heard of, called Richie Rich, the Poor Little Rich Boy. Or maybe it's a reference to Uncle Scrooge. Doesn't matter either way.) Michael Jackson was also pretty much alone, in his 4th or 5th childhood, though he had more talent than all the other pop stars in history rolled up into one big doobie and smoked.

So, maybe Justin Beiber is trying to be more like James Dean, hopefully without getting his leather jacket stuck in the door-handle and going off the cliff (which isn't what happened to Dean, but merely alludes to his bad-boy escapades on film in which his opponent did go off the cliff). Maybe a few nights in jail would do the boy some good. Then maybe he might at least grow up to be Johnny Cash, and get some nicely centered, top-heavy lady to take care of him and talk constantly in stream-of-consciousness rivers of non-sequiturs to keep his mind occupied instead of succumbing to adolescent boredom that offs him before he becomes a child again and learns to play all the instruments and makes extended selfie videos, then rolls in the money bin.

And this is my lifetime output on Justin Beiber. I'll now go back to not knowing about him, and I still haven't heard him sing, so I can't possibly know what kind of music he fronts. Best of luck, Justin, though it appears that you've already had that in spades.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Hey Tritone, happy post 2100!
Much thanks, sir!
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Tritonemusic wrote: Fernando: You've really never heard of Justin Bieber? I envy you.
Not until now... Thanks, Shoosh! (j/k) :lol:

If he's that famous I probably have heard something, but I didn't know it was "him" because I didn't know who "he" was.

My girlfriend could've dropped his name a couple of times, but his name meant as much to me as Juan González .
Or I probably got confused? I thought there is (or was) also another singer Justin something, is there not?

Now that I know who he is, frankly I'm not artistically impressed (but am financially). A guy with a nice voice. I don't see what all the craze is about, really.

Yawn...
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
adriano

Post by adriano »

FMiguelez wrote:
Tritonemusic wrote: Fernando: You've really never heard of Justin Bieber? I envy you.
Not until now... Thanks, Shoosh! (j/k) :lol:

If he's that famous I probably have heard something, but I didn't know it was "him" because I didn't know who "he" was.

My girlfriend could've dropped his name a couple of times, but his name meant as much to me as Juan González .
Or I probably got confused? I thought there is (or was) also another singer Justin something, is there not?

Now that I know who he is, frankly I'm not artistically impressed (but am financially). A guy with a nice voice. I don't see what all the craze is about, really.

Yawn...

I've never heard of Juan González. :shock: :D
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I think you're thinking of Justin Timberlake, who has actual talent as a singer and acfor.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Is this Teen Magazine?
DP10.13
MIDI Life Crisis

Teen Magazine. Ha ha ha!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Speaking of Teen Magazine, while I was playing my gig yesterday, I saw some visuals from the Grammy Awards on the screen and saw what looked like a 14-year-old, who was getting all sorts of attention. I then asked someone and they said he's the latest country music sensation. I heard a bit of a snippet and it sounded like watered-down country-pop to me, like when country ruled in the 90's due to having made a lot of compromises, before leaving the mainstream again and returning to its core.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
MIDI Life Crisis

I hate that awards shows turn art into a sporting event. I dislike most porting events as well, so maybe that's why, but it seems demeaning and misplaced to say one artist's work is "the best" especially when it's decided by the people creating (IE-paying to produce) those same works...

But I digress.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS