Question about routing with cuemix

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
nouvosonic
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Question about routing with cuemix

Post by nouvosonic »

Im looking around I have two 2408mkiii with a pci424 card and im running protools 10 i just got these units used but im really digging cuemix to create low latency headphone mixes in the studio but i would like to route an output for example i want to route the click from protools into cuemix so i can mix it in the individual headphones as well i would like to be able to route the stereo mix into there phones when they want to hear the playback is there a way to do this without running physical copper from out puts to inputs. Thanks! I might be not searching the right thing.
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Question about routing with cuemix

Post by torrentg »

Just play what you want them to hear, as is, in Protools. Problem solved.
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Question about routing with cuemix

Post by NazRat »

Try using sends on the click to the headphone outs - I realize that you'll have to adjust the click level outside of CueMix, but no copper. Kind of the same for listening - I put an Aux in front of the Master and route everything there first (SubMaster) and then the Aux to the Master. There are other reasons for this, but one is that you can use the sends on the SubMaster Aux to put out the mix on any of the outputs. You can also send the Submaster Aux to another aux with the output sends to have one volume/mute control for multiple outputs. Just some ideas . . .
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1