Communication lost between DP7.24 and Spectrasonics VI's

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
greeny
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Communication lost between DP7.24 and Spectrasonics VI's

Post by greeny »

Hello again,

Problems do seem to come all at once! :?

One DP7.24 behavioral aspect Item which has drastically changed since my renewed installation of DP7.24 last week is the fact that whenever there is a Spectrasonic Instrument plugin (Omnisphere, Trillian or RMX) window opened and active I need to click anywhere upon the DP interface before DP will respond to transport and other commands from the Mac's keyboard.
Somehow the interfaces of Digital Performer and my Spectrasonics Virtual Instruments seem to have lost contact - something that worked perfectly well before last week's software woes started up.

It affects only Spectrasonics VI's - Native Instruments (Kontakt3, Absynth4, FM8), Korg's M1 and obviously all of Motu VI's respond as they should and always have, communicating under the hood so to speak - as did all my Spectrasonics VI's previously.

Is there another forgotten DP preference which needs to be activated or de-activated somewhere? Re-install or trash anything? But what exactly?

I'm embarrassed to say but I'd very much appreciate any advice, once more. :wink:

Many thanks.
greeny
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Communication lost between DP7.24 and Spectrasonics VI's

Post by greeny »

RESOLVED!

Needed a fresh re-install of DP7.24 downloaded from the Motu Website
:mrgreen: