No-Brainer Operational Tweaks

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No-Brainer Operational Tweaks

Post by monkey man »

For both the part pane's forward and back arrows, as well as the list view ones, we desperately need the following options:

1) Browse programmes only
1) Browse programmes & samples (This is the current, unchangeable behaviour)
2) Browse samples only

[EDIT] Furthermore, and this goes without saying really (although I've mentioned it before), we need this patch "browsing" to flow between preset folders (or, say, AKAI volumes) the way it does for the factory M5 programmes. Jumping through the aforementioned hoops to select, in this case, a new folder, is equally frustrating and stupefying in every measure.

Easy peasy. Would save a lot of grief and dare I say it, lots and lots of time! We want to be able to browse from, say, the list view, without having to constantly navigate back to the folder/volume to put things back on track (double-clicking another programme or selecting the next folder etc.)... don't we?

Frankly, I'm amazed we still have to jump through these unnecessary hoops. Help, MOTU, please!
Last edited by monkey man on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Re: No-Brainer Feature Suggestion

Post by bayswater »

Agreed. (I first thought you were talking about DP and couldn't figure this out)

There are quite few things like this in Mach Five. Things that need to be done to speed up workflow. I'd like to see more keyboard shortcuts and a way to program them in the sample editor. When you're setting up a lot programs, it would be a lot faster with a few shortcuts to set loops crossfades, navigate back and forth between loop points, zoom settings, etc.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

There's no reason that any of this should be a version upgrade. Just make it easier to find what we already have and can do.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Of course, Mike! :)

Insignificant tweaks for maximum benefit. I'm thinking one employee and perhaps 2 cups of coffee. Less than a cup in the case of a programming wiz-meister.
bayswater wrote:Agreed. (I first thought you were talking about DP and couldn't figure this out)

There are quite few things like this in Mach Five. Things that need to be done to speed up workflow. I'd like to see more keyboard shortcuts and a way to program them in the sample editor. When you're setting up a lot programs, it would be a lot faster with a few shortcuts to set loops crossfades, navigate back and forth between loop points, zoom settings, etc.
Stoivo, it's impossible to disagree with your observations without pleading insanity in order to maintain face. Thank you for putting them out there.

FWIW, given the level of activity in this M5 forum, I have to believe that MOTU wouldn't miss much; it wouldn't exactly consume great wads of man-power hours to keep tabs on what's said here. Just saying this in anticipation of our being directed towards MOTU's suggestions box. Hopefully this OCD-induced, paranoid defence of my/our actions proves redundant even before it rolls off the shelf, if indeed that's possible. :? ... ... ... ... :lol:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here