Universal Loops & Instruments update

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

gavspen
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Universal Loops & Instruments update

Post by gavspen »

corbo-billy wrote:With Firefox under Snow Leopard, it's work fine _
At your house maybe, not at mine; I wish. Done it several times already.
Mac mini M1, 14.3.1, 16gigs RAM, 828 mk3 Hybrid, DP 11.23, Various VIs
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

I managed to get it with a lot of patience because it does not let the computer charge only because it may fall to sleep: it's often necessary to maintain a small activity . :oops:
Unpacked with the Stuffit Expander 15.0.4 release _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
gavspen

Post by gavspen »

corbo-billy wrote:I managed to get it with a lot of patience because it does not let the computer charge only because it may fall to sleep: it's often necessary to maintain a small activity . :oops:
Unpacked with the Stuffit Expander 15.0.4 release _
Energy saver is turned off. It doesnt go to sleep although there is some screen saver that kicks in even though I have it set not to. I dont believe that's the problem since I was able to download all the other files. Downloading again right now for the umpteenth time. Since I am not quite an idiot, I hope, I am not expecting a different outcome.
Mac mini M1, 14.3.1, 16gigs RAM, 828 mk3 Hybrid, DP 11.23, Various VIs
pyro-sonic

Post by pyro-sonic »

Silly question in light of all of these troubles:
Do I have to download the Universal Loops and Instruments Update?
Can I just run the Machfive 3.2 update and not bother?
I know they say the scripting is improved and efficiency/file size is better,blah blah...but if I don't care about that so much is there any reason I need to?
The reason I ask is that my connection sucks on a good day,so I'm pretty confident I'd have a ton of trouble.Are there any new sounds included here or just "streamlining tweaks"?
Will the update work without downloading these files?
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Yes, you can still use the old version. I don't see/hear too much of a difference between the old and the new. MOTU says they are different and I don't doubt that, but if you can't d/l the UFS it's more of a PITA than it's worth unless you are having issues with the current UFS files.

I don't see a significant in load time for the Telematic, for example. There are some differences I noticed in the GUI, at least that I think I noticed... LOL, but I don't use it that often to really know the fine points.

But back to your question: Yes, you can just d/l the update and keep the old UFS files. They seems to work just fine.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
pyro-sonic

Post by pyro-sonic »

Thanks!