First impessions of Mach V 3.2 upgrade

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

ronjams
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

First impessions of Mach V 3.2 upgrade

Post by ronjams »

I went through some of the libraries after installing the new update and this is what I have to say. In general the sound libraries are improved in terms of efficiency and memory usage. The sound in the F278 grand piano has changed and sounds more like a piano in a bigger room and a little duller sounding to me. The Mark 79 sounds better in a more subtle way by sounding creamier, smoother or dream effect. It's worth noting that some of the UI of these libraries has subtle changes to them as well. I like the changes to the J Bass that now goes down at least an extra octave which is more useful to me. The greatest and pleasing changes has to go to the Telematic Guitar. I did not go through all the presets yet but I did spend some time playing with the interface to see if I could manipulate the variations of chord mode a little better. The jury is still out on that. I will admit that I'm a keyboard player and it takes me longer to deal with this type of instrument and I get frustrated and give up. This along with the fact that the Telemactic was a super memory hog. Usually I just go get a guitarist for my production needs. For the moment, I feel inspired to try to work with it and possibly use it in production.

There is a difference in the sound of these libraries and if you don't like them you should perhaps stick with the old versions or at least keep them around if you have the space.-Just my opinion
Mac Studio M1 Max DIGITAL PERFORMER1248/8pre ESFalcon/kontakt/Unify & A LOT MORE GEAR
b-righteous
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: First impessions of Mach V 3.2 upgrade

Post by b-righteous »

Never mind. False alarm.