Authorization Error - running as AU

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

b.g.
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Authorization Error - running as AU

Post by b.g. »

I need some help. I haven't used MachFive 3 in a few months, but it has always worked fine as an AU in DP 7.24. Until today. I'm getting this Authorization Error: [red stop sign with ! inside]

"MachFive 3 cannot run due to the following error:
This product cannot run because of problems communicating with a core component. Please reinstall the software, or download and run the driver installer located here: http://www.paceap.com
If you still have problems after running these installers, please contact the software publisher for support."

From http://paceap.com I went to Support and attempted to "download and run the driver installer," but the link goes to https://www.ilok.com/iloklicensemanager.html. So I downloaded and successfully installed the latest license manager. But the Authorization Error persists.

Note: Running MachFive3 standalone works fine. No errors.
MacBook Pro retina 2015, i7, 16GB, DP 10, M4
b.g.

Re: Authorization Error - running as AU

Post by b.g. »

Things I've tried:
Downloaded and reinstalled the 3.1.4 update again. (I was already running this version before.)
Reinstalled MachFive3 program--just the first install disk, none of the content disks.
Repaired permissions.
Same error after each of these steps.

Again, standalone is fine.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DP? Run the Installer from your CD. You will find Uninstall in the drop-down menu. When done, run the installer - if your CD is not 7.24, then run the 7.24 updater. Only your CD and the 7.24 updater are necessary, none of the interim updates are needed. Next, Authenticate as usual with the CD and serial number then Repair Permissions.

I have used this to fix broken links to plugins more than once in DP 7. I don't know what gets corrupted but this fixes it.

You may have to reinstall MachFive again but I suspect that probably won't be necessary once you do the above.

The PACE drivers must be current to run in OS 8 but, if the stand alone works, this is unlikely to be your problem.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
b.g.

Post by b.g. »

Thanks, Mike. Your directions were concise and clear. Unfortunately, after all that it still didn't fix the problem. But I tried opening a New DP file--without my V-Rack full of VI's--and MachFive3 opened fine. So, something's wrong with that V-Rack it seems. I went back to an earlier project that has a similar big VI V-Rack and MachFive is fine on that. So I'll work from there. Thanks again.