828mk3 and logic pro x

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
waddo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

828mk3 and logic pro x

Post by waddo »

Long time user of DP but I'm now looking into Logic X. Using the demo song as sound source, I can hear the song by setting the following:

Audio MIDI Setup output to ANALOGUE
MOTU Audio Setup Main Out Assign: ANALOGUE 1 and 2
CueMix FX Mixes tab bus 1: ANALOGUE 1 and 2

However, the problem is, even though this is working, the master volume slider (bus 1) in the CueMix Mixes tab does not do anything. The only way to change the volume is using Logic's mixer.

I loved my 828mk2 but the 828mk3 confuses me sometimes, even with DP. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers
MOTU_Tech
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828mk3 and logic pro x

Post by MOTU_Tech »

Hi waddo,

Two things to do first:

1. In Logic, open the Audio preferences and click on the I/O Assignments tab. Set the Stereo output to Output 9-10. This way, Logic will play directly to the Main outputs on the 828.

2. In MOTU Audio Setup, set Main Out Assign to "Main Out 1-2."

Now, you can use the Master volume knob on the interface to attenuate the output signal from Logic, and anything else playing through the interface.

Keep in mind, the Mixes tab in CueMix is for setting up direct monitor mixes. Lowering the master Bus fader will lower the overall volume of the selected mix. It will not effect the output of other software (such as Logic). For more information, consult your manual or feel free to contact our support directly.

Cheers,
MOTU Tech Support

Please advise all technical inquires should be submitted directly to MOTU's support channels (phone and online support).