Machfive V3.1 script Chorder Presets

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

rayNmanmusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Machfive V3.1 script Chorder Presets

Post by rayNmanmusic »

Hello,
I need to get minor chords into the Script Processor preset area, so I called Motu and they sent me here http://www.uvi.net/machfivescript/index.html and that lead me here
:banghead:
http://www.uvi.net/machfivescript/_chor ... ample.html but its hard to understand without a video or a "for dummies" book.

Does anyone have the minor chords (or know how to script) so I dont have to use my chorder apps from the iPad3/iODock all the time? This technology is sooooo cool and its smoother when played on the Novation SlmkII rather than the touchscreen!

Thank You Motu brothers and sisters.

:)
Last edited by rayNmanmusic on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
hugy

Re: Machfive V3 script Chorder Presets

Post by hugy »

Not sure I understand what is your problem.
This preset is bundled in M5:
You just need to go to the Event tab of the edit page, click the "+" button in the top right corner and load the Chorder preset from the ScriptProcessor module
You can as well us the "TonalHarmonizer" preset

Hope this helps.
rayNmanmusic

Re: Machfive V3.1 script Chorder Presets

Post by rayNmanmusic »

Im using the "TonalHarmonizer" - "Script Processor"(not preset even tho these are M5 presets technically....whew!) instead of the Chorder Script Processor as we type and it does have tons more presets but that is not my question.

Well.....New question then..... Is the Tonal Harmonizer Script Processor the real chorder or is the Chorder Script Processor to be upgraded(by us)with more presets manually created and saved to work like the chorder in Kontakt(it kind of looks the same just with more chords)?

Thanks
Last edited by rayNmanmusic on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
hugy

Post by hugy »

rayNmanmusic wrote:Using the "TonalHarmonizer" - "Script Processor"(not preset) instead of the Chorder Script Processor as we type and it does have tons more presets but that is not my question.

Well..... Is the Tonal Harmonizer Script Processor the real chorder or is the Chorder Script Processor to be upgraded(by us)with more presets to do and save to work like the chorder in Kontakt(looks the same just with more chords)?

Thanks
The one in the URL you have given is the Chorder script with is available in the factory one.
The tonal harmonizer is way more advanced script which allows you do the same kind of thing but it follow scales.

Still, those are two different scripts.

You can save custom preset of those two though
rayNmanmusic

Post by rayNmanmusic »

the Chorder script with is available in the factory one
:?: Factory what? UVI player, MachFive V3, V3.1 or what?.....

Should I stop typing and ignore that Chorder Script Processor? Is it of any use then or was it made like 2 years ago and now that Tonal Harmonizer Script Processor beast is here?

:o
hugy

Post by hugy »

Factory presets of M5v3

It's not a matter of which one is the best but which one does exactly what you want.

If you want to follow scales then use the Tonal harmonizer
if you want a fixed distance in semitones then use the Chorder.
rayNmanmusic

Post by rayNmanmusic »

Thank You Hugy.

Rock on.

:headbang: