Machfive and BPM in logic - compatibility issues

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Sherkan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Machfive and BPM in logic - compatibility issues

Post by Sherkan »

Hi all

I own both Machfive an BPM on LogicPro 9. They both work, but not together:

Whenever I start a project and load Machfive into a track, it launches no problems. However, if load BPM into another track, it does not launch, it just gives me a dummy variable.

This happens in all my project, regardless if i use both Machfive and BPM or just one or the other.

The only workaround I found was to quit Logic, reload my project and launch BPM first. But then, Machfive loaded on a different track just does not launch!

I do not get any error message and after all my research I did not find a solution.

Please help !
BenRicoMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Machfive and BPM in logic - compatibility issues

Post by BenRicoMusic »

I also use Logic Pro 9, and I'd like to find out more about compatibility with using multiple MOTU software instruments in a DAW.

I own MachFive3, and I was considering purchasing BPM and/or Ethno 2 to add to my arsenal. (*I'd like to use to record in the studio, and also for live performance if possible.) ... If using MachFive 3 along with another MOTU software instrument isn't possible (or causes lots of issues), I may have to pass.

Does anyone here have any experience worth sharing, about using more than one MOTU software instrument?

I'm running 2 laptops - Mac OSX 10.6.8,
1. MBP 2.5ghz, 7200rpm HD, 8gb RAM
2. Macbook 2.2ghz, 7200 rpm HD, 4gb RAM