Using Saved Mixing Board Layouts

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tripi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using Saved Mixing Board Layouts

Post by Tripi »

I have two main mixing board layouts that I'm constantly re-loading (using a quickeys shortcut). One is for my main mixing bus, summing, and master outputs. The other is for all of my Audio Tracks. Sometime around when DP6 came out, this weird new behavior got introduced. Every time I add a new track to my sequence (any type of track), it gets added to all of my saved board layouts. After working on a sequence for a week, all of a sudden I've got 20 extra tracks popping up when I bring back my mix bus layout. This has got to be a bug, right? What on earth would be the purpose of this behavior in DP? Only reason I think it might not be a bug, is because I've posted it here, and written to MOTU, and two full release versions have come out since then. Still there! Anyways, am I the only person that gets this strange bug/behavior?
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Using Saved Mixing Board Layouts

Post by Dan Worley »

Hate it! If it's a feature it makes no sense (it's backwards). If it's a bug, please get rid of it.

Let us add the tracks we want to an existing layout and then save over it if we want to.
DP10.13