Linking MIDI to automation?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Lava Couch
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Linking MIDI to automation?

Post by Lava Couch »

Hi all, long time lurker here.

I was wondering if there's a way to link a MIDI controller to an audio plug-in parameter. Specifically, I'm trying to link the frequency control of the multimode filter to a MIDI controller. I've tried several things, but nothing seemed to work. Any ideas?

TIA

LC
Continued Mild?
stoecklem

Re: Linking MIDI to automation?

Post by stoecklem »

I'm pretty sure this is not possible, which leaves us out of luck for hands on control if the plugin can't be automated via MIDI. I realize automation is much higher resolution but some DAW's do allow you to do this.

also VEP. Its not helpful for DP's plugs, but I host all my external plugins in Vienna Ensemble pro which does allow this.
Lava Couch

Re: Linking MIDI to automation?

Post by Lava Couch »

Thanks for the response. Good idea about using another program, I think I'll have to set-up something similar in Reaktor in order to do this.
Continued Mild?