Bug in H-EQ

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bug in H-EQ

Post by Prime Mover »

Just thought I'd bring this forth, since a lot of us seems to be in the midst of a H-EQ lovefest. It seems as though automating some controls creates some audible distortion. Specifically, the frequency of the HP (and presumably LP) filter. MW EQ doesn't have this problem.

Oh, also, on a similar note, I found a way to cut back on the distortion that is sometimes caused by L3... turn the response to Manual instead of ARC. ARC is nice, but it's not very true to the release times you've set, when set to manual, L3 doesn't sputter on sustained notes above the threshold.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy