Outstanding Roland support for DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Outstanding Roland support for DP

Post by Gravity Jim »

Most of you probably know this, but it was completely new to me....

I got tired to death of the sound of my Korg Karma, so I sold it, and intended to replace it with a soundless controller (I like a spring keyboard for playing certain instruments). but when I found the new ROland Juno-Di, I figured, why not? 6 bills, front panel twisty knobs, D-Beam controller, built-in vocoder, really nice feel I even like the shorter keys for the kind of stuff I use it for), USB memory stick port, free Mac editor/lirbrarian software, and those yummy Roland filters and programs. Strangely intuitive for a Roland, too.

But it's brand new, so no .middev or .midnam files in DP.

Turns out Roland has a thing on their support page called Patch Script builder that creates DAW-specific .middex/nam files for Cubase, Sonar, ProTools and... DP! FIve minutes later, I have all the internal patches in the DP pop-up menus. Sweeet!
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Outstanding Roland support for DP

Post by Prime Mover »

Now if we could only convince them to build a small USB control surface, we'd be in business.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy