Board Issues 3/9/13

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Board Issues 3/9/13

Post by James Steele »

twistedtom wrote:i am shocked at how little the data is.
Yeah, but keep in mind it's just text. That takes very little storage space. Any graphics you see in messages are hosted off site. It's one of the reasons I didn't want to allow file uploading or graphic hosting on the site. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

It really bums me out that you lost posts.
It just so happens that I had some REALLY BIG thoughts in that period of time and post 10,987 posts about life, love and all things MOTU.
I finally moved up in the post count to #1 and now I am back at where I was before... :banghead:
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

toodamnhip wrote:It really bums me out that you lost posts.
It just so happens that I had some REALLY BIG thoughts in that period of time and post 10,987 posts about life, love and all things MOTU.
I finally moved up in the post count to #1 and now I am back at where I was before... :banghead:
Hahaha!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Shooshie wrote:
FMiguelez wrote:Then, according to James' figure, it would probably be like:
Shoosh: 400 MB
Tim: 2.5 bytes
Rest: around 49.90 MB
:lol:

Just kidding, Tim and Shoosh! I always enjoy reading your posts 8)
I estimate my contributions to this forum to be approximately 200DT,* which translates to about 100,000WB.**

Tim? Ha! A paltry 100TC.***

:roll:

Shooshie

*DT = Dump Trucks
**WB = Wheel Barrows
*** TC = Tea Cups
Tim wrote: !
Ah, maximum brevity, even for Tim. Add to his 100 TC, another 1 FT****

**** FT = Flea Thimble
Of course, Tim's forum data is ultra-compressed. He's the King of Concise! The Director of the Direct! The Chief of Brief! What you get in a FleaThimble of Tim's words may be more than you'd find after winnowing away the chaff in a whole Dump Truck of MY words!

:unicorn:
Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|